Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tony Wylie leaving Redskins for Special Olympics

CapsSkins

Some of the points here, I've seen multiple times.  It's part of the reason why I think the league is more likely to kick in and help the Redskins secure a stadium as opposed to let them leave.

...The totality of Washington’s decline under Snyder has gained the attention of many within the league. The Washington market, ripe with history and rich in political connections, has unique meaning. For years, Redskins tickets were scarce, a sign of prestige and pride. Last year the team finally acknowledged that for the first time in decades it no longer had a waiting list for season tickets.

“If you’d have told me that the Redskins would have been an afterthought in the D.C. market, I would have told you you were crazy,” one NFL power broker said. “But you’re starting to see that. And it’s a concern.”

...“The reason they paid attention to him — because normally they wouldn’t give him that much attention as a new owner, and especially a young new owner — is because the franchise is important,” Policy said. “It’s part of that Eastern gravitas that’s brought to the media with significant, significant rating impacts. It wasn’t so much Dan was that important. It was the Redskins are that important.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/09/03/two-decades-later-nfl-peers-view-daniel-snyders-redskins-tenure-with-mix-worry-optimism/

You guys are crazy, DC is a terrible town for football. It and NVA are transit, full of Americans from other cities and immigrants from other places that dont root for the skins or dont care. Conservative team, liberal city, terrible combination. They have lost a ton of VA fans and I am not talking about NVA. VA was a big part of the fan base.

I had an uncle that watched/listened to the skins from Hampton roads in the 50's because they were the only team available. He raised skins fans but those fans are all getting older and arent being replaced.

What planet are you guys from that think we will start winning enough for the skins not to die. Its not just players or coaches its the environment Dannyboy runs his business.

• 6 months later...
On 9/19/2019 at 9:18 PM, hogdirty said:

Fans don't know a damn thing about Tony.  He is a good dude.  I congratulate him and wish him good luck.  

This fan base is sheepish more than anything

This will probably blow the mind of the sheepish fan crowd

Archived