Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BYE BYE Spurrier

esm9577

If these rumors about SS going to NC are true, can anybody honestly tell me that they care. He has proven absolutely nothing in the NFL. I give him credit for saying that he wanted to see if his type of ball will work in the NFL and if it didn't then he would quit. But this is not college and it hasn't worked which he should have realized last year. I see us easily going 5-11 this year. I know that the players are the ones on the field, but everybody knows that the way they play is a reflection on the coach. I'm not trying to be hard on SS, it's just another frustrating year for a Redskin Fan.

When are the Skins ever going to be the prominent, powerful, well-respected franchise they once were for so many years?

The true Skins fan knows exactly how I feel. We put so much emotion every year supporting and defending our team and fill our heads with so much expectations in pre-season, just to hear the Skins haters tell the truth. what have we done in the past 10 years, one good year in '99 since Gibbs departure. We all deserve better than this.

Originally posted by bubba9497

"When are the Skins ever going to be the prominent, powerful, well-respected franchise they once were for so many years? "

No time soon, if you change coaches every couple years.

Really? Please explain the success of teams like Dallas and Cincinatti then.

I think at some point you have to face reality. Reality is that SS isn't doing too well in the NFL. And reality also is that he isn't improving, despite having almost two years now and more 'his style' roster.

On Saturday I was with you. Today I am not.

Originally posted by MikeB

Really? Please explain the success of teams like Dallas and Cincinatti then.

I think at some point you have to face reality. Reality is that SS isn't doing too well in the NFL. And reality also is that he isn't improving, despite having almost two years now and more 'his style' roster.

On Saturday I was with you. Today I am not.

Every situation is different. more times than not it takes team time to build a winner. You have one year wonders, but they are usually the exception not the rule. Do you really think any coach who may have that kind of magic is going to come to the revoling door of Washington if Snyder canned Spurrier. How many coaching changes where made last season, how many had dramatic turnarounds, how about the year before that? and so on

Can Spurrier get it done next year, I think so, but maybe he can't but you have a better chance than bringing somebody else in to start all over again. Snyder has tried that route and how successful has it been?

Originally posted by bubba9497

Snyder has tried that route and how successful has it been?

He tried it with Marty, and I thought it was becoming fairly successful towards the end of that season. Much more so than the past two years, that's for sure.

I know what you are saying, but I just don't know that you bring back what appears to be not the right answer for the sake of sake of continuity.

Y'know,

If Danny fires Spurrier now, what coach in his right mind would ever come here?

Would you take a job after watching everyone else who held it get the axe before they got a chance to complete the job?

Firing him now puts the noose over our necks for a decade.

~Bang

Dallas and Cincy are rare examples...

Cincy, one can argue, is playing is a very weak division to begin with, while the NFC east is one of the toughest.

The Pukes have had the same players for several seasons, Parcells didn't change much coming in, in fact, they are running the same defense with the same defensive coordinator.

If the Skins keep changing coaches everytime they lose, the organization will end up becoming the "new bengals".

Bang brings up a good point too... Snyder needs to keep Spurrier so that even if by some chance it doesn't work out, Snyder can get a legit coach in here rather than having to hire a nobody that can't get a better job.

Snyder wont fire him because of:

1) The reason you just stated above

2) He will owe SS $15,000,000

If SS walks the Synder doesn't owe him anyway. There is no doubt that when he returns to the college ranks, the school will sellout their home games therefore they will be able to spend close to what he makes now. Trust me, if SS is not here next year, it's not cuase Danny boy fired him.

yea I know make a crappy descison and just keep making it .

if there is any finger pointing to do it must start with Danny.

He is hamstrung now by all the bad descions in the last few years.

This is HIS product we are stuck with.

The only way to fix it is to fix him.

I just don't see any evidence that that is going to happen.

Just look at the record, it speaks for itself.

Archived