Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fairlife milk

gbear

38 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

I wonder how much of the prices of the pasture-raised grass-fed organic milk and free-range eggs is due to the associated costs, and how much is due to "because hippies will pay for those words on the carton".

Price prolly goes up 200% once they slap those words on any product.

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, clietas said:

Price prolly goes up 200% once they slap those words on any product.

Yeah, that seems about right based on my grocery findings.  So the question is, how much of that price is due to increased costs?  If everyone followed such ethical treatment (not that those words themselves are actually regulated), what kind of price would we be looking at?  Overall supply might be down, while the competition in the ethical department goes up.  Does the reduction in overall supply make price go up, or does having everyone make ethical choices drop the price of such products down?

16 hours ago, clietas said:

You honestly believe that the vegans staged or doctored the animal cruelty in the video? I highly doubt. Evidence of animal abuse and cruelty have been apparent for decades in factory farms.

And yes I find vegans to be insufferable as well. That doesn't mean they're entirely full of **** tho.

I don't understand why these things have to be mutually exclusive. Fairlife can be a farm that abuses cows and ARM can be a ****ty charity.  There is a reason they are noted as a 1 star charity.

4 hours ago, Popeman38 said:

I don't understand why these things have to be mutually exclusive. Fairlife can be a farm that abuses cows and ARM can be a ****ty charity.  There is a reason they are noted as a 1 star charity.

1 star based on what 2 reviews from the link you posted? 

15 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

2 consecutive years being reviewed.

Once again do you dispute the video evidence presented in the op? If so what evidence do you have to present? 2 reviews from charity navigator isn't going to convince me that ARM staged or distorted the FOF video.

47 minutes ago, clietas said:

Once again do you dispute the video evidence presented in the op? If so what evidence do you have to present? 2 reviews from charity navigator isn't going to convince me that ARM staged or distorted the FOF video.

Um, why don't you read my post 3 posts up?

ARM is a shady organization. Asking me to prove what they reported is false is like me asking you to prove the owners statement is false. Neither of can irrefutably prove either instance.  Fairlife, like most large farms, likely has employees that abuse animals. 

To reiterate, I don't think the 2 statements in my post above are mutually exclusive....

19 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

I wonder how much of the prices of the pasture-raised grass-fed organic milk and free-range eggs is due to the associated costs, and how much is due to "because hippies will pay for those words on the carton".

Hard to put an exact amount, but I bet its a substantial fraction. 

In 1950, ,when you mostly had small family farms, the cost of dozen eggs was 60 cents.  In todays dollars that $6.40.

https://www.thedailymeal.com/eat/egg-price-year-you-were-born-gallery

A gallon of milk was about 83 cents, or about $9 today.

https://www.tasteofhome.com/article/heres-the-price-of-milk-the-year-you-were-born/

21 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Pretty much true across the board, not just Dairy products.

Cheap items aren't that much cheaper to manufacture/ship/market then higher end items. 

There's also a ton of the same products being manufactured with just different labels printed on them. Not just packaged items either, its shocking to know how much of our milk/eggs/cheese/butter come from the same manufacturers but just have a different label on top. 

23 hours ago, clietas said:

I don't know, was it "heavily edited"?

17 hours ago, Mooka said:

Pretty much true across the board, not just Dairy products.

Cheap items aren't that much cheaper to manufacture/ship/market then higher end items. 

There's also a ton of the same products being manufactured with just different labels printed on them. Not just packaged items either, its shocking to know how much of our milk/eggs/cheese/butter come from the same manufacturers but just have a different label on top. 

Yep. Get some Dubliner butter from grass-fed cows in Ireland. So good.

Archived