Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Were there a lot of Cowboy Fans @ the Game

fuji869

I think you are all exagerating slightly. Yes, there were Dallas fans there and they were vocal. I'd say the percentage of Redskins fans to Cowboys fans was more toward the Redskins side that you all let on. The Redskins didn't give us a lot to cheer for, thus the seemingly louder the Cowboys fans were.

Early on, yes, 'Skins fans far outnumbered Cowboys fans, though the number of Dallas fans was still distressingly high.

But by late in the fourth quarter, there were more Cowboys fans remaining in the stands than 'Skins fans. They stayed to celebrate, and only the die hard (or masochistic) Skins fans stuck around to witness it.

By halftime the Cowboys fans outnumbered the Redskins fans. I felt like all Redskins fans that were insane/stupid like me and actually stuck around till the last play deserved a gold medal. I really can't blame fans that left this one early. It was flat out miserable sitting in that weather and watching that pathetic half-hearted effort.

You usually get more Dallas fans than any other opponent, but this year seemed worse than usual. It's apparent that Parcells has managed to bring back the front-runners. When I left, I'd say the crowd was about 10-15% 'puke fans, and they were the only ones making noise. Cleotis is right, it looked like a lot of season ticket holders sold their tickets to Cowboy fans. There were a lot of no-shows, but not as many as I was expecting.

Under normal circumstances I stay until the last play, but I left this dog when it was 20-0. In addition to the nature of the performance we were all treated to, I'm still getting over the last lingering remnants of the flu. I may be masochistic, but I'm not suicidal. Of course, the rain stopped the minute I hit the parking lot. The football gods just weren't on our side for this one, folks :(

Originally posted by Fitzman

You usually get more Dallas fans than any other opponent, but this year seemed worse than usual. It's apparent that Parcells has managed to bring back the front-runners. When I left, I'd say the crowd was about 10-15% 'puke fans, and they were the only ones making noise. Cleotis is right, it looked like a lot of season ticket holders sold their tickets to Cowboy fans. There were a lot of no-shows, but not as many as I was expecting.

Under normal circumstances I stay until the last play, but I left this dog when it was 20-0. In addition to the nature of the performance we were all treated to, I'm still getting over the last lingering remnants of the flu. I may be masochistic, but I'm not suicidal. Of course, the rain stopped the minute I hit the parking lot. The football gods just weren't on our side for this one, folks :(

Jerry Jones said before the first Cowboys-Redskins game that this game will always be important to him, if only because the city with the second most Cowboy fans in the country, next to Dallas of course, is... DC.

Please someone explain to me why people are blameing the fans for leaving early? I personnaly left with my two friends (which were Dallas fans) at the end of the game however, if I had my choice I would have gladly sold my tix and watched that dog from home. Until the Skins floor a team worth watching it is rediculous to expect over charged fans to sit out in the elements just to get heckled by what ever visiting team that the Redskins happen to be loosing to that week. IF this team could win fans would come and opponants would be more wary of comming because watching your team get beat is not a fun experience. The reason why opposing fans want to come to the game is because they are all but garenteed a win every time they play us. If anything Skins fans should kiss the feet of the season ticket holders. The fact that we pay for this pathetic BS every year is the only reason that those games are still on the air and not blacked out. Redskins are PATHETIC, and I am an idiot for supporting such crap.

Archived