Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

KCS: Kansas judge calls children the ‘aggressor’ in sex abuse case with 67-year-old man

China

Kansas judge calls children the ‘aggressor’ in sex abuse case with 67-year-old man

Can children aged 13 and 14 years old be the aggressors in a sexual encounter with a 67-year-old man?

A Leavenworth County judge recently said he thought so when he reduced the prison sentence for a man who paid for sex with young girls he solicited over the internet.

District Judge Michael Gibbens sentenced Raymond Soden to five years and 10 months in prison. That was eight years less than what was called for in Kansas sentencing guidelines.

In doing so, the judge opined that the girls, who were both younger than 15, were partly to blame for what happened and questioned how much they were harmed.

Click on the link for the full article

It's not impossible that a child might act wrongly, even criminally, in a sexual encounter.  They can attempt to engage in sex with adults, lie about their age, or even attempt to prostitute themselves.  Teenagers get into some serious problems and can commit the most serious of crimes, we all know this. Often however, they are manipulated and in this instance, according to the article, an older sister seems to have filled the role of pimp for them... a fact which makes me irrationally angry.  I sincerely hope that girl, however old she might be, was charged with something because pimping out your own 13 year old sibling is a betrayal of the highest order in addition to being a crime. 

None of what I just wrote diminishes, in any way, the culpability of any adults involved like this gross old guy that paid a minor for sexual acts.  I don't care what degree of aggressive sales tactics this pervert imagines were unleashed upon him  He knew they were minors, he even knew their mother, and he went ahead and offered up his money anyway.  Bury him under the jail, I have no sympathy for those that prey on children... no matter what those children supposedly did wrong.  Claiming that the child was willing (even if true) changes nothing. 

This judge needs to go.  Wouldn't hurt to look into his past a bit either, as his thinking on this makes me suspect this isn't the only strange ruling he's handed down.   

Archived