Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

37 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Rosario has three RBI today, but he’s gotta go. First and third, no out. He hits a tapper to the first baseman and doesn’t run. Double play. 

When Wood is ready, that’s the move.

Gallo is the guy who needs to go 1st. Another 3 Ks today. 

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Problem is you don’t want Meneses playing 1B everyday. When Wood comes up Winker and Rosario are redundant.

That's a different problem. Gallo be able to play 1B doesn't hit that he's batting 162 and no too long ago was sub 100. Find another option at 1B.

25 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Woooo! Looks like he's figured out some control! How many more starts before he gets moved up?

I don’t think there is any rush to move him up this season. He’s still young for low A. The goal should be to get the mechanics consistent.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I don’t think there is any rush to move him up this season. He’s still young for low A. The goal should be to get the mechanics consistent.

I still think he’s ultimately a reliever, but a top 5 closer level reliever 

3 hours ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Weems needs to be gone. Take Rainey with him. Get me two arms from Rochester. The two best relievers they have. Gimme. 

Aldonis Medina (RHP) and Joe La Sorsa are probably the best bets from Rochester at the moment. However Logan Allen got DFA’d by Arizona. You look at his top line numbers, and the poor ERA looks ugly. But he’s coming off a 6 run inning that jacked up his numbers. He’s a lefty who can go multiple innings which is helpful when you are giving starts to Gore and Herz. There are two spots open now on the 40, then the additional two when you remove Weems and Rainey.  I would do Allen and Medina. The La Sorsa if Allen gets claimed. But Davey has to pitch these guys.

Fangraphs Minor League power rankings currently:

image.png.f12526e8cc09e31e65d2052aedf7286e.png

Lile has continued his good play in A+, but Glasser is on fire. Last 2 minor league series (12 games) he's doing this:

image.png.55c3396751d7ac78799fc1ca26f78d11.png

Glasser has played primarily 3B and both Corner Outfield spots in A+. He's done a bit of 2B sprinkled in as well. There is room to swap between 2B and OF for Glasser in AA. He's gotta be promoted soon. Cause look at that damage he's doing, and look at his BB/K rate. It's absurd.

43 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Fangraphs Minor League power rankings currently:

Glasser has played primarily 3B and both Corner Outfield spots in A+. He's done a bit of 2B sprinkled in as well. There is room to swap between 2B and OF for Glasser in AA. He's gotta be promoted soon. Cause look at that damage he's doing, and look at his BB/K rate. It's absurd.

Tempering future expectations a tad, at 24 years old he's 3.3 years older than guys he was playing with at A and 1.7yr older than high A. Definitely needs a promotion. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheGoodBits said:

Tempering future expectations a tad, at 24 years old he's 3.3 years older than guys he was playing with at A and 1.7yr older than high A. Definitely needs a promotion. 

Oh for sure. Odds are not high, but at least a promotion moves him forward to normal prospect status with a more appropriate age group.

How much longer will they trot Corbin out there every 5th day to get run, he should be in the bullpen

Wouldn't mind putting Herz up in his place and Cavalli is healing well. That and Gray in F-burg, why would you keep Corbin in the rotation?

Skipping Corbin today I hope is a sign of his ending days in the rotation. We have younger, more promising arms that need the innings.

Weems is another one I have no idea why he’s getting innings. He’s never been particularly good, he’s 31. Time to cut bait. There are younger arms in AAA Id rather see than him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Skipping Corbin today I hope is a sign of his ending days in the rotation. We have younger, more promising arms that need the innings.

Weems is another one I have no idea why he’s getting innings. He’s never been particularly good, he’s 31. Time to cut bait. There are younger arms in AAA Id rather see than him.

Yeah, he won’t pitch until Saturday. Gray will make another rehab start over the weekend. Not sure what happens with Corbin. But I’d be comfortable taking the under on 2.5 more starts.

If they don’t go outside the organization, I could see Medina or La Sorsa up soon. Weems is done. Rainey is never used. You can’t go forward with only 6 BP arms.

Brzyczy is making appearances, but he’s not ready. Cronin could be someone who moves up quickly. Ferrer is getting close to rehab appearances. Ribalta needs to prove more in AAA, imo, to jump ahead of the others.

Sinclair and Grissom Jr are two arms in AA that could get a look.

48 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I still think they should make Adon a full time reliever.

I’d be really surprised if that is not the plan going into 2025. He has no options next season and I don’t see him higher than SP7 - even if they don’t add anyone in the offseason.

Also, I think they should give a lot of consideration in turning Rutledge into a back of the bullpen guy in 2025 if they go into Spring Training with the rest of the starters healthy.

The internal pitching prospects look so much better now than a year ago. 

They have six guys that are pre-arb: Irvin, Gore, Parker, Cavalli, Gray, Herz.

Then they have three kids that are showing a lot of promise with Lara, Sykora, and Susana.

Bennett will be back next season.

They could still make a splash in FA, but they don’t need to be desperate.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1