Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anybody recall Lavar on 980

RDSKNfaithfull

Guest SkinsHokie Fan

You gotta maximize what your worth. This is the one shot in their life for a lot of these guys to make money, if I were them I would be doing the same thing, I would be the first kid to leave school early and take the money.

and on the other end I would be leery of paying a guy an exorbitant salary for inconsistent play.

if we are talking about a guy that plays like Ray Lewis or Deion Sanders in his prime than you have to think about locking that guy up with a gulp.

others such as an Arrington or Bailey?

very good athletes and solid players.

worth 10 year contracts for $20 million bonus extensions?

It's still early right now. We have no idea why they rejected or even if they rejeted at all.....

Camp didn't acknowledge at all. A sure sign of MORE than a rejection of a solid contract.

Lavar has shown he wants to be here and if $ was such a huge issue to him, don't you think that he would put his face on many, many more ads, NFLPA, cards and such?

what I think is no player having seen the big bucks this team has been willing to shell out in the offseason is going to allow the Skins to lock them up for potentially less than full market value during the season :)

the players here have learned well watching Snyder in action from 2000 and 20003.

Originally posted by bulldog

what I think is no player having seen the big bucks this team has been willing to shell out in the offseason is going to allow the Skins to lock them up for potentially less than full market value during the season :)

the players here have learned well watching Snyder in action from 2000 and 20003.

Sad, but very very true:( :mad: :doh:

We all are quick to blame LaVar but lets say at your work you had a different boss every year since your rookie season? This is what LaVar has had to deal with! I think maybe if he had the same system every season his missed assignments would go down.

In 2000 we had Ray Rhodes DC and Norv Turner HC

2001 Kurt Schottenheimer DC and Marty Schottenheimer HC

2002 Marvin Lewis DC and Steve Spurrier HC

2003 George Edwards DC and Steve Spurrier HC

Hmm we try and compare ourselves with other teams well the main thing we lack is chemistry and people we are use to seeing around the office!

Maybe that's just my point of view but if I was in his shoe's I might be a little confused as well! Let's maybe give him a little break and let Edwards have a chance as well? Change can be good but this team has had enough change lets try keeping things together.

all the rest of us seem to get by on less Millions than laVar.

IMO he could do much for his cred if he decides it IS a team game after all and he and his agent sign a deal that is reasonable (without all these inflated numbers backloaded into the contract to make it look big).

Salary cap LaVar say it with me now.....

as much as I love you as a player noone is bigger than the team. Besides think abouth this we are 5-8 now....ew still need to get better..and you are willing to stand in the ay of that?

I don't begrudge pro athletes making the money they do. Like all of us, they just want to make the maximum salary for doing their job. You and I are doing the same thing in our own careers.

If another company offered me twice my current salary to do the same job, I'd leave here in an instant. It's no different for pro athletes.

What do we expect them to do? Turn down money that's offered to them? That's nuts.

IMO, this is more of a personal statement by LA than a financial one. I believe he has reworked his contract before so there isn't any other reason for him not to do it again. In Lavar's case I believe it's all about staff changes. He wants George Edwards to return. It's the somewhat the same issue with Champ. He was clear with his feelings about his coach.

I'm hoping what we are witnessing is our lead players exercising a little control over the team vs. the FO. Let's hope we keep Edwards then we'll see LA & Champ get the deals done. Sure Helton and Stock must go simply because SS isn't an assertive coach in areas where he's not "the expert" and needs experienced NFL coaches to help him out. I finally have the opinion that SS has learned his lessons. Now lets sit back and find out if the FO has.

They talked about this on Mike and Mike this morning. Not Lavar but just salaries in general.

This usually has very little to do with the actual money. It's not like Lavar's lifestyle will change much if he gets a SB of $18M instead of $15M. This is more about respect and showing the league that he's worth a lot.

Players these days think their bonuses and salaries show other players how good they are. In the past, they used to compare Super Bowl rings and Pro Bowls...now it's Signing Bonuses and Salaries.

Archived