Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Antwan Odom declares for '04 draft: is he any good?

goldenster95

From http://www.nflfuture.com/antwanodom.html :

Strengths

One of the most talented pass rushes in the nation. Is just a blur off the edge rushing, he is so agile and graceful for such a big man. Has great athletic skill, awesome speed rusher that can just knock the offensive tackle backward. Odom plays with wonderful strength and aggression, just a great looking defensive end.

Weaknesses

Does not show much more than awesome pass rushing skills, is not a complete defensive end but really at that position pass rushing is your main job. Is a very long lengthy athlete but will obviously have to get better in run defense to help his professional stock. Sometimes gets out of position and doesn’t read the play.

Summary

Freak athlete, that is said a lot about pass rushing defensive ends but Odom is a freak. He is strong, quick and moves with such grace and mobility around the corner. If he fills out just a little more and works on his total game he will be a very high draft pick. One of the best looking pass rush prospects around.

I hope that someone doesn't start a thread for every DE that declares for the draft :doh:

I just heard that a DE from Washington and Lee College is declaring is name is Sacko Q Back he runs a 3.5 and is 6'7 at 300 lbs :silly:

If this scouting report is accurate, I'd take him in a heartbeat and put him in a rotation with the other DEs on the roster. Provided that he has the desire.

I would do it with the hope that over a couple of years his body and game can develop in a manner that will allow him to be a complete player at the position.

yeah, he lacks in run support and probably takes the same "around your elbow to get to your rearend" circle route that Bruce Smith has perfected in his 20 years in the league. Since we've employed Bruce with that responsiblity, might as well make sure his replacement is well versed in the technique.

Archived