Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Forgotten DT: Brandon Noble

EvoSkins

With Holsey, Russell, Haley, Chase, Dalton, and Haley at DT, where does that leave Noble. I scanned the other offseason threads and I saw no mention of Noble. I hope the Skins FO hasn't forgotten about this guy. If I remember, Noble was a blue-collar run stopper.

During this offseason, the FO have alot of decisions to make. Do we resign Russell, do we sign a free agent, do we draft a stud DT, do we keep all of the same DTs we already have?

Lots of questions..........

Noble is a good run stopper, yet he didn't show that run stuffing ability with us before his injury. If the injury is so serious that he can't make it back for next season's training camp, they should look elsewhere.

He just isn't that good a player where the team should wait longer than one off-season for him to return.

I worry that Noble won't ever return. You lose something with knee injuries. Noble didn't have a lot of physical ability TO lose. I'd love him to be a great surprise and return and hold down a rotational spot for us. I'm just somewhat skeptical that he will be able to return and be of any use to us. If I'm not mistaken he didn't just tear a ligament. He tore them ALL. He's probably got two years of rehab before he could possibly play, but, that's not based on knowledge or anything. Just a suposition.

If he makes it to training camp, it would not be ridiculous to stand pat with noble, holsey, dalton, and russell, with the addition of a draft pick.

While not world class by any means, the above D-line would be credible. Coupled with some serious help at DE, and our d-line is in much better shape without major offseason shifting on the interior.

Now, if DG's mysterious illness is in fact wanna-be-a-skin-(for-vet-min)-now-that-I-got-paid-itis, we might be really set.

-DB

Noble tore all three ligaments and dislocated his knee cap on top of that. About as bad as you can get.

More then likely he will try a comeback at age 30 and start out on the Physically Disabled List, which means a decision doesnt have to be made on him until halfway through the 2004 season. That way he doesn't count on the roster and if he is later cut, it will be after June 1st then and his signing bonus hit will be spread over 2004 and 2005. I think I figured it out once and it was about $675 k for 2004 and 2005. Not too big of a hit, considering the bad luck of his injury.

Archived