Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Please recap the Dline play.

ktball74

The answer is very well, BUT

the giants offensive line was terrible.

We had pressure up the gut on every play. We were much weaker off the edges than up the middle, but that was only after watching the game once, so maybe some people who have rewatched it by now can answer your wuestion more specifically and accurately.

-DB

I just watched the highlight of the Levens touchdown in which he carried Smith "piggyback" into the endzone. I was amazed that Russell...Dalton... and most of the rest of the defense stood there and watched Levens make Smith look like a kindergarten kid.

But overall, I thought the pressure was better on the QB. I definitely noticed a good push up the middle from Russell especially, to a lesser extent Dalton. Holsey is the most intriguing, he has an unique ability to shed his blocker and penetrate for a good stop or sack. He's played much better than many realized he could... another solid FA pickup from the beleaguered F.O.

Although our defensive line played well they did give up more then 100 yards rushing once again. They managed to rack up sacks against a devestated and beliegured Giants line and against a QB seeing his first action of the season...

It becomes more apparent with each passing week that at the very least the Redskins need two more lineman. A pass rusher is crucial and a stud tackle would be nice as well.

Why don't we talk to Russell right now? If I were the owner I would ask Russell to sign a three year deal with incentives and a bonus right now. If he doesn't agree we cut him. Why showboat the guy and get him into shape so he can close the door with high demands. He hasn't shown that much yet and with three games left he might get some decent form which will cost us.

Originally posted by TLusby

Why don't we talk to Russell right now? If I were the owner I would ask Russell to sign a three year deal with incentives and a bonus right now. If he doesn't agree we cut him. Why showboat the guy and get him into shape so he can close the door with high demands. He hasn't shown that much yet and with three games left he might get some decent form which will cost us.

If I remember correctly, if we were to sign him to a long term deal now, then we'd get hit with the cap this season instead of next, with the signing bonus and it would no longer be a prorated contract.

No Jevon Kearse. The guy is always injured. If you get injured in your contract year, then you'll always be injured. What we need is David Pollack. I think we attacked the G-men with a blitz last night because Jesse Palmer was the back, and the o-line was very shaky. This only enforces my opinion that GE should go. If he emplyed this scheme over the last few weeks, we may be in the playoff pictures right now.

Archived