Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Oline thoughts

skinsOLfan

I have been a Redskins fan since 1969 have have always focused on trench warfare when I watch football. To me whichever team controls the trenches usually wins the game. Since Joe Gibbs I we have traditionally had pretty good Olines. Right now our starters at LT, RG & RT are solid but a better LG & C are needed as are starter quality backups. I think C will be fine with Roullire but I would like the skins to target Quentin Spain the starter at LG from the Titans in free agency. Since we have to deal with Fletcher Cox & Tim Jernigan in Philly, Snacks & Calvin Tomlinson in MY we need some 335# road graders in the middle of our Oline. I'm so tired of not being able to make any short yardage plays right up the middle.

I have watched Arie since he was cut and is back now and he's improving,  I  believe Long and Lavoua may be done do to injuries and Catalina shouldn't be on an NFL roster.

With all the injuries this year is fairly tough to evaluate. Both tackles were playing hurt for large parts of the year. Does that mean they should be replaced? No. Should we have better dept? Yes, but I don't think that's anything new. 

I think any changes we make will be linked to cap space, which will end up falling back on the Cousins deal. I agree that change is needed, but I'm unsure if replacing any of the injured players will make us better for 2018. 

3 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

We need a new C and LG badly. I know we have mediocre players playing due to injuries, but even our starters need a big upgrade.

We need to pick a legitimate 2nd or high 3rd level talent LT and make him LG next season. Like Scherff, but not a #5 pick. Build the line with L tackles since they are the generally the biggest, best athletes. Quit trying to do it with 5th round projects.

Sorry about rule 7 I'll be sure to check for similar threads in the future, and I fully agree that LT, RG and RT are fine and I believe with a full year in the off season program (weight training etc) Roullier will be fine at center and since the draft is a crapshoot I'd rather spend some FA money on a high quality starting LG like Quenton Spain from the Titans who we could have drafted two years ago with a 6th or 7th round pick http://www.titansonline.com/team/roster/Quinton-Spain/83c8bd8d-ad6f-437e-b661-3b0889bd5564. He has the size and power to deal with the likes of Eagles (Fletcher Cox, Tim Jernigan)and Giants (Snacks Harrison and Dalvin Tomlinson) then draft some 330 # tackles who aren't quite quick enough for NFL speed rushers and move them to Guards.

The use the draft and get the 340# DL from Washington Vea and our trenches will be upgraded.

• TK locked this topic

Archived