Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Cousins Play For The Skins In 2018

Veryoldschool

Will Cousins Be Back In 2018?  

206 members have voted

1. 1. Will Cousins play for the Skins in 2018?

• Yes, as part of a LTD.
    • Yes, on a tag for a year
    • No, the Skins tag him and manage to trade him
    • No, the Skins let Cousins walk and he signs a LTD with another team

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2017 at 08:02 PM

36 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

Two more months before we learn whether Snyder pulls his head out of his tokus and offers Kirk an attractive LTD and Kirk is willing to sign it.  My guess is Snyder makes offer which is so Snyder puts the transition tag on Kirk and Kirk signs it and plays on another 1-year deal.  Kirk isn't interested in a mega deal from losers like the Browns which the Skins couldn't match and but he doesn't want to sign a more modest deal with a good franchise because the Skins would match it.

I think we likely are going to know sooner than that -- likely around the combine.  That's when these type of things tend to leak.  At the moment, it all sounds bleak.  But I agree its possible he's back on a 1 year deal.  My guess is he's gone.  Hope I am wrong.

35 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

Kirk isn't interested in a mega deal from losers like the Browns which the Skins couldn't match and but he doesn't want to sign a more modest deal with a good franchise because the Skins would match it.

Agree with this, not to mention Kirk said, " I could play a long time on one year deals in Washington ".

Ralph Vacchiano of SNY, citing multiple sources, reports that the Jets targeting QB Kirk Cousins in free agency is “on the table” for them this offseason. However, a source cautioned that the Jets will be mindful of Cousins’ asking price, which is expected to be steep.

Vacchiano writes that Cousins’ high asking price shouldn’t matter to the Jets, who are desperately in need of a long-term solution at the most important position and will have the cap space available to sign him long-term.

Cousins referred to the Jets’ reported decision to promote Jeremy Bates to offensive coordinator is a “smart hire.

“I just think he’s a good football mind,” Cousins told WFAN, via ESPN.com.” “He’s about ball and that’s what matters to him. Everybody I talked to who knows him, loves him. I think it was a smart hire by the Jets and I wish him well in what he does.

Earlier in the day, Cousins indicated (per JP Finlay) that he won’t do anything contract wise until the deadline to franchise players, saying: “Let the Redskins do what they want to do.” Cousins did, however, say that money “isn’t only thing” that will factor into his decision.

Reports have been all over the place in regards to Cousins. We’ve seen everything from the Redskins tagging him for a third time, to using the transition tag and then making him available for trade, to possibly signing him to a long-term deal.

http://nfltraderumors.co/jets-preparing-target-kirk-cousins-free-agency/

• TK locked this topic

Archived