Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best Rookies First Half

Veryoldschool

It ain't Perine, that's for sure.  

Love the talent of Nicholson.  He looks like the real deal and I think (injuries aside) he blossoms into a good starting safety for us.  Speaking of injuries, I sure hope he's able to improve his issues there.  Not hating on him for it, but he's been in and out of the lineup a startling amount.  

Allen is the man.  Can't wait to see what the future holds for him (especially his continued pairing with Ioaniddas... and a good secondary... and good outside rushers).  

3 hours ago, The Rook said:

Maybe not some love, but I will give some strong like to the rookie kicker Nick Rose. 

:229:The Rook

Good call Rook.  So far, so good with Rose.

And it seems to me that if he proves capable of nailing pressure Kicks, Dustin Hopkins may lose his job due to injury.  I can't say I'm expecting that, but there is a possibility.

On 11/8/2017 at 10:38 PM, mojo said:

Would love us to see us stay in playoff contention and have both Iodonnis and Allen back toward the end of the year.

Is that even possible?  I've seen mention of Allen coming back in the last quarter of the year, but I don't know how likely it is.

50 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

Some notable contributions from several rookies.

Yes sir!  The hallmark of a Quality Football Program, wouldn't you say?

10 hours ago, Diehard Otis said:

Is that even possible?  I've seen mention of Allen coming back in the last quarter of the year, but I don't know how likely it is.

Yes sir!  The hallmark of a Quality Football Program, wouldn't you say?

his anticipated recover time was 8-10 weeks... that would put him back (on the early side) at week 14, but it's all dependent on a lot of factors.  I wouldn't hold my breath for him to be back this year, and unless they're very confident he'd be ok, I see no reason to push it.  

I like this thread topic.  Since it is a  little limited in scope, maybe we can update it to include the first half for 2nd year players also.  This could be a thread that pops to the top around this time every year.  By tracking rooks and 2nd years, we could see how our comments on the rooks translate to year 2.  Who created this thread?  Interested in including the 2nd year guys? 

2nd years would include Doctson, Fuller and Ioannidis.   Doctson doing okay, The other 2 have been very impressive this year.  

Archived