Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2017 Training Camp & Preseason Twitter Thread

TSO

During one-on-one work,linebackers Junior Galette and Preston Smith executed a solid stunt. Smith played it well, rushing to the outside and helping cause issues for guard Shawn Lauvao. Galette then used his quickness to duck inside. That's a role he'll be good at, if he's fully back to his old ways.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fkeim_john.png&w=80&h=80&scale=cropJohn Keim, ESPN Staff Writer

Receiver Jamison Crowder is sitting out practice along with defensive lineman Anthony Lanier. It's uncertain why Crowder isn't practicing.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fkeim_john.png&w=80&h=80&scale=cropJohn Keim, ESPN Staff Writer

The Redskins are having a more spirited practice in large part because it's the first day of hitting. Players have been fired up during full-team work. There was also a one-on-one hitting drill earlier. One of the best matchups: rookie LB Ryan Anderson vs. RB Samaje Perine. It was a standoff.

Terrelle Pryor SR liked

Overheard at camp: A lot of talking, thanks to being in pads for the first time. Corner Josh Norman ended one series with a hard pop on running back Samaje Perine, prompting D.J. Swearinger to shout, "Hey! That's what you wanted!" After a successful pass play, tight end Niles Paul yelled out to the D, "Why y'all so quiet!" And quarterback Kirk Cousins chimed in, "What he said!"

Redskins receiver Jamison Crowder said he was held out of practice for precautionary reasons. He had tightness in his hamstring. End Anthony Lanier had knee inflammation and is day to day. Receiver Maurice Harris is day to day with a knee strain.

Best play of the day: Receiver Josh Doctson fooled corner Josh Norman to break wide open for a long touchdown catch. But that wasn't as impressive as Doctson's one-handed grab over corner Dashaun Phillips in a one-on-one drill. Doctson jumped and reached back over Phillips and caught the pass with his right hand.

Rookie report: Second-round linebacker Ryan Anderson showed his ability to play with leverage. On one play vs. fellow rookie, tight end Jeremy Sprinkle, Anderson controlled him at the line, found the ball and moved Sprinkle out of the way. Anderson forced the run inside to awaiting defenders.

Mike JonesVerified account @MikeJonesWaPo 26m26 minutes ago

Some great images from #Redskins training camp thanks to @PostSports photographer @J_MacPost: http://wapo.st/2h70Igy?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.fd0a4c84c7ba 

JP FinlayVerified account @JPFinlayCSN 28m28 minutes ago

No #Redskins practices today. First off day of camp.

Archived