Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who Are Going To Be The Surprise Teams This Year?

Diehard Otis

• 3 months later...
On 7/26/2017 at 10:13 PM, SkinsFTW said:

I'll go with the Rams. Probably a year early considering Goff is a total ??? but who knows. The Cardinals are dropping, the Seahawks might be too and the 49ers are garbage. When's the last time the Redskins failed to hire Wade Phillips and he didn't make that look like a moronic decision?

I thought that me predicting the Rams for their division would win the thread but I see that some others were pretty much 100% correct too.

On 8/20/2017 at 2:44 PM, Veryoldschool said:

I am beginning to worry that the Redskins that don't know how to run, stop the run or defend the pass may be less able to pass this season and surprise in a bad way with 4 to 6 wins instead of the 9-11 I have been hoping for this year.

On 8/22/2017 at 11:07 PM, drowland said:

AFC - Bills - people think they're tanking because of the Watkins trade, but I like McDermont and think that defense will be real good.  On offense I think Rick Dennison will help Tyrod with a run scheme similar to Shanny.  Bills get a wildcard and break streak of missing playoffs.

NFC - Saints - I think AD has one more big season left in the tank to take pressure off Drew and keep their defense off the field.  

30 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

I thought that me predicting the Rams for their division would win the thread but I see that some others were pretty much 100% correct too.

Ha!  I got the teams right but my reasoning was off.  The Bills defense wasn't very good, at least not statistically.  And AD was a non-factor for the Saints, although Ingram and Kamara were both studs for them in the run game.  

On 8/11/2017 at 2:18 PM, Warhead36 said:

NFC: I would say the Bucs but it seems like they're everyone's pick so they can't really be a surprise. I'll go with the Saints. Peterson has enough in the tank for one more season to balance out their passing game and they'll shootout their way to 9-7.

AFC: I like the Chargers. They have an elite QB and lost a lot of close games last year(which tends to balance out meaning they'll win those close games this year).

My predictions weren't that bad. I was right on the Saints and a resurgent run game, just not the back that would do it. And the Chargers were very close to making the playoffs.

Archived