Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who Are Going To Be The Surprise Teams This Year?

Diehard Otis

Pretty straightforward y'all.  Which teams do you got around The League being the "surprise" clubs this season?  Basically, whats teams (one in each Conference) are gonna jump into the Playoff/Division title mix that weren't in that position last year?

Here's who I got:

NFC - Tampa Bay Buccaneers

I expect them to step up and be a force in the *always wacky* NFC South.  Bold prediction here, but they leapfrog Atlanta in the standings and challenge for a Wildcard.  I don't believe they Win their Division.  Not yet anyhow.  But they will be damn good.

AFC - Tennessee Titans

I confess that I don't know too much about these guys (a dude I used to work with was from Memphis & used to always talk 'em up last year), but I do know that they're up-and-comers.  If the ball bounces their way this season, they could be Division Champs.  (And yes, this is me not having much confidence in Houston.)

Who you got?

Same, that whole division will be unpredictable because of those QBs. The Colts have the worst roster in the division and not sure they have best QB in division. To me, the Jags, Titans, and Texans are interchangeable. If the Texans get any form of OK QB play, they'll win the division easily. I just have a funny feeling Bortles will make fewer mistakes and that is what eventually gets them the division. 

17 hours ago, Diehard Otis said:

Pretty straightforward y'all.  Which teams do you got around The League being the "surprise" clubs this season?  Basically, whats teams (one in each Conference) are gonna jump into the Playoff/Division title mix that weren't in that position last year?

Here's who I got:

NFC - Tampa Bay Buccaneers

I expect them to step up and be a force in the *always wacky* NFC South.  Bold prediction here, but they leapfrog Atlanta in the standings and challenge for a Wildcard.  I don't believe they Win their Division.  Not yet anyhow.  But they will be damn good.

So who wins the NFC South? Panthers?

I'm gone say the Redskins. Just saw that USA Today has us finishing 5-11. Most has us finishing last in the NFC East. I honestly don't see why Philly gets so much love and Washington gets hated on. Wentz was quietly bad the 2nd half of last season.

I think the Skins will be a lot better than people think.

21 hours ago, DM72 said:

I'm gone say the Redskins. Just saw that USA Today has us finishing 5-11. Most has us finishing last in the NFC East. I honestly don't see why Philly gets so much love and Washington gets hated on. Wentz was quietly bad the 2nd half of last season.

I think the Skins will be a lot better than people think.

I'm right there with ya!  The Washington Redskins are gonna kick some mutha****in ass!!!!

And the reason why I didn't pick us is because I felt that it is a given that the folk here know we're gonna kick ass.  To Redskins fans, this should be no surprise.

The Bucs went 9-7 last year right? If you are predicting that the Panthers win the division and they went 6-10 then you might want to rethink that one.

I'll go with the Rams. Probably a year early considering Goff is a total ??? but who knows. The Cardinals are dropping, the Seahawks might be too and the 49ers are garbage. When's the last time the Redskins failed to hire Wade Phillips and he didn't make that look like a moronic decision?

• 2 weeks later...

NFC: I would say the Bucs but it seems like they're everyone's pick so they can't really be a surprise. I'll go with the Saints. Peterson has enough in the tank for one more season to balance out their passing game and they'll shootout their way to 9-7.

AFC: I like the Chargers. They have an elite QB and lost a lot of close games last year(which tends to balance out meaning they'll win those close games this year).

6 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I will say the Chargers in the AFC and probably the Bucs in the NFC.

Yo, the Chargers have been getting some serious love.  I truly must be missing something.

6 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

In the reverse, where a playoff team miss the playoffs; I will say the Cowboys in the NFC and Chiefs in the NFC.

WooooW, Chiefs miss eh?  That's a BOLD prediction!

I like it!

21 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I will say the Chargers in the AFC and probably the Bucs in the NFC.

In the reverse, where a playoff team miss the playoffs; I will say the Cowboys in the NFC and Chiefs in the NFC.

Uh..when did the chiefs move to the NFC? I bet the chargers, broncos and raiders will be surprised :P 

i have to disagree though. They've been a great team the past few years, and have a lot of good players. They're not missing the playoffs. 

Titans are everyone's darling, hardly a surprise there. Bucs were 9-7 and one game from breaking the 10 year playoff drought and everyone's favorite. Come on man! You guys need to go out on some limbs here and really be daring with these. 

NFC:

The biggest surprise team this year will be the Rams. I expect that the guy we've all written off as terrible and a bust - Jared Goff - ends the season as a top 15 QB. The Rams will miss the playoffs but this turn around will shock the world

Since this was a playoff question one team who will make the playoffs this year who missed last season will be the Minnesota Vikings. Remember last year? Trading for a starting QB when the season was already starting? Yup that team. My prediction this year - from third to second in the division and a playoff appearance. They are going to be incredible this year

AFC:

The second biggest surprise team this year comes from the AFC but not in a good bullish way. The Colts will be absolutely terrible this year. Forget the playoffs I'm thinking these guys are completely rebuilding next off season. Will Andrew Luck start the season or start it on the PUP? Frank Gore at 34 years old starting RB, the best offensive linemen already missing the year? When Luck does start who is going to protect him? This teams  going from one everyone loves to seriously questioned by the end of the season in a shocking turn of events

And since this was a playoff question the team I think will make the playoffs this year on a nice turn around season after missing it last season will be the Bengals. From 6-9-1 to 10-6 this year on the back of the best RB in this class Joe Mixon. Rebound city for these guys

On 8/12/2017 at 6:08 AM, Diehard Otis said:

Yo, the Chargers have been getting some serious love.  I truly must be missing something.

WooooW, Chiefs miss eh?  That's a BOLD prediction!

I like it!

The under on the season total for wins for the Chiefs is 10. Meaning if your into putting money down and locking it up for a few months, if they don't win 10 games this year your a winner. I think it's a near certainty that this team will not win 10 games this year. Too bad I don't like locking my money up long term like this. 8-8 is in store this year with a changing of the guard at QB next offseason for the Chiefs

7 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

after watching Kizer tonight for the browns vs giants game on MNF, I could see the browns turning some heads this season, if he's the starting QB. Made some great plays tonight

And I've been telling anyone that'll listen that the Giants are overrated.  They have a huge hole at Left Tackle, the least effective rushing attack in our Division & NOBODY behind Eli.  And Monday Night Football was talking Super Bowl with these fools in it?  Please.

AFC

Ravens - they have upgraded thr secondary to wear it goes from a weekness to a strength.  I believe they will have a top 3 defense this season and maybe the best in the league.  This will keep them in every game.  I also believe the offensive line is going to be better than people say it is going to be.  Ronnie Stanley, the Ravens 1st round pick in 2016, was a top 5 left tackle the final 8 games and he should continue the upward trend this year.    The Ravens are also one of the few teams that play the Pats well and never back down from a fight.  

NFC

I agree, the Bucs are going to turn some heads this season with another year experience  Jamie's Winston.  He and Mike Evans were already a good duo, but add OJ Howard to thr mix and that is deadly.

16 minutes ago, SkinsFanMania said:

AFC

Ravens - they have upgraded thr secondary to wear it goes from a weekness to a strength.  I believe they will have a top 3 defense this season and maybe the best in the league.  This will keep them in every game.  I also believe the offensive line is going to be better than people say it is going to be.  Ronnie Stanley, the Ravens 1st round pick in 2016, was a top 5 left tackle the final 8 games.  He should continue the upward trend this year.    The Ravens are one of the few teams that always play the Pats welland never back down from a fight.  

NFC

I agree, the Bucs are going to turn some heads this season with another year experience  Jamie's Winston.  He and Mike Evans were already a good duo, but add OJ Howard to thr mix and that is deadly.

Ugh!  A homeboy of mine from work is a big Ravens fan & he's convinced that they're gonna go 11-5 & have an outside shot at The Super Bowl.  Thing is, I respect his football opinions (cause he's not a kool-aid drinker) but to me, that's a little too optimistic.  But if their D is really that good, both of you could be right.

AFC - Bills - people think they're tanking because of the Watkins trade, but I like McDermont and think that defense will be real good.  On offense I think Rick Dennison will help Tyrod with a run scheme similar to Shanny.  Bills get a wildcard and break streak of missing playoffs.

NFC - Saints - I think AD has one more big season left in the tank to take pressure off Drew and keep their defense off the field.  

Archived