Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Fall of Dak Prescott

jphilly

14 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Man, if only Dak had someone like JPhilly in his inner-circle to keep him on the straight and narrow.  Gotta cut back on that Tuesday night partying.  Oy vey. 

congrats for being the 1st . Its best to get the dumb ones on list quick 

50 minutes ago, jphilly said:

you obviously dont know much ...... and obviously a civilian .  I am a Marine , when not working no one parties harder . No one deserves so more then our Military as well .  you work just like a normal job 9-5  then you are free to do what you want within reason.  But yes lets compare our brave men and women to privilege millionaires  ?

Thank you again for adding your genius to the thread . Actually I know a lot on the subject and have seen a bunch of young men go down that path . Eli was close but had the support of his family and the Giants organisation to keep him in line .   The Cowboys I dont see it as they cant even keep there guys off d

Yeah, I'm not the military. Congrats on figuring that out. What you said proves my point even more:

If military are allowed to "party hard", then so can football players. Ever heard of Rob Gronkowski? 

Dak isn't a perfect QB, but he's a rookie who played very well, and will enter next season with a chance to improve... or regress. With a good OL and skill players, the signs are positive. The "points" you brought up is just your Eagles jealousy talking.

Wentz is such a smarter QB than Dak, he threw 14 INTs to his 16 TDs. ZERO 3-TD games.

Dak had 23 TDs and 4 INTs, Five 3-TD games.

Maybe this thread should be called "The Slight Rise and Complete Fall of Carson Wentz".

24 minutes ago, Rey713 said:

Yeah, I'm not the military. Congrats on figuring that out. What you said proves my point even more:

If military are allowed to "party hard", then so can football players. Ever heard of Rob Gronkowski? 

Dak isn't a perfect QB, but he's a rookie who played very well, and will enter next season with a chance to improve... or regress. With a good OL and skill players, the signs are positive. The "points" you brought up is just your Eagles jealousy talking.

Wentz is such a smarter QB than Dak, he threw 14 INTs to his 16 TDs. ZERO 3-TD games.

Dak had 23 TDs and 4 INTs, Five 3-TD games.

Maybe this thread should be called "The Slight Rise and Complete Fall of Carson Wentz".

proves your point ? GUys putting lives on the line  vs guys that are paid 200x more to play a game ..... I also dont know why Wentz is brought up into a Dak thread .... you must really hate Wentz and the Eagles . Its ok we will see what future brings. You would think people here would know better   but it only seems two be 2 not the whole 

2 minutes ago, jphilly said:

proves your point ? GUys putting lives on the line  vs guys that are paid 200x more to play a game ..... I also dont know why Wentz is brought up into a Dak thread .... you must really hate Wentz and the Eagles . Its ok we will see what future brings. You would think people here would know better   but it only seems two be 2 not the whole 

Oh so just because they put their life on the line and Dak only plays football that he's not allowed to party? Get over your bias.

I don't hate Wentz. I'm glad Philly picked him over Dak!!

19 minutes ago, Rey713 said:

It's more of me proving him wrong than an argument 

:)

the problem with ones opinion is you cant prove them wrong ..... Everyone is entitled .  Neither of us will be right or wrong for sometime in the future 

1 hour ago, Rey713 said:

It's more of me proving him wrong than an argument 

:)

46 minutes ago, jphilly said:

the problem with ones opinion is you cant prove them wrong ..... Everyone is entitled .  Neither of us will be right or wrong for sometime in the future 

They both suck, get over yourselves. Dak and the simple Dallas offense will be tested this year. They no longer have the benefit of a 4th place schedule and have to contend with NFL coordinators having a full offseason of film to analyze. It rarely goes well for young players in that situation. Wentz is okay, but they've shot their round and have little capacity to supplement their team, so you're relying on Roseman in the draft where he's never been good. 

51 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

They both suck, get over yourselves. Dak and the simple Dallas offense will be tested this year. They no longer have the benefit of a 4th place schedule and have to contend with NFL coordinators having a full offseason of film to analyze. It rarely goes well for young players in that situation. Wentz is okay, but they've shot their round and have little capacity to supplement their team, so you're relying on Roseman in the draft where he's never been good. 

not to get of the subject of thread , but you might be surprised by the draft this year and hopefully more to come . IF you dont know already I wont spoil because I still hold my reserves as well . 

16 minutes ago, jphilly said:

not to get of the subject of thread , but you might be surprised by the draft this year and hopefully more to come . IF you dont know already I wont spoil because I still hold my reserves as well . 

Your team threw away its best person ever in Reid. Don't pretend you'll ever be great again. You never were, you never will be. You're the new Cardinals, have fun with that. I know I will.

2 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

Your team threw away its best person ever in Reid. Don't pretend you'll ever be great again. You never were, you never will be. You're the new Cardinals, have fun with that. I know I will.

Reid needed to go . He did not take time off after the death of his son . As both sons were getting in trouble in Philadelphia area . He brought much joy to fans but he was done when  Jim Johnson passed . 

31 minutes ago, jphilly said:

I was kind of joking there, but it isn't as clear over text.

Your post just came off as biased because it's  more opinion than anything, in my view.

No hard feelings.

1 minute ago, Rey713 said:

I was kind of joking there, but it isn't as clear over text.

Your post just came off as biased because it's  more opinion than anything, in my view.

No hard feelings.

with no football until september we have to some kind of discussions . makes it more fun ,

1 hour ago, Birdlives said:

4th place schedule is only a 2-game difference. If Dallas had played division winners instead of 4th place teams, their final record could have likely ended the same.

10 hours ago, jphilly said:

I guess these guys are stupid too  

OMG!!!  They're in a club on a Monday night!  The horror! 

On top of it all, you're using Skip Bayless to back up whatever asinine point you're trying to make? 

LOL @ the hill you're choosing to die on here. 

19 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

OMG!!!  They're in a club on a Monday night!  The horror! 

On top of it all, you're using Skip Bayless to back up whatever asinine point you're trying to make? 

LOL @ the hill you're choosing to die on here. 

I think it's a valid point. I think the argument can be made that a franchise qb in today's NFL should not be a party boy. Watching Dallas's chosen one "manziel" it up before ultimately not winning a damn thing is, at the very least, worth talking about. 

How would u feel if this was Cousins before the Panthers or Giants game?

5 minutes ago, Rattlesnake88 said:

I think it's a valid point. I think the argument can be made that a franchise qb in today's NFL should not be a party boy. Watching Dallas's chosen one "manziel" it up before ultimately not winning a damn thing is, at the very least, worth talking about. 

How would u feel if this was Cousins before the Panthers or Giants game?

On a Monday night?  Like 5-6 days out from playing?  I couldn't care less, honestly.  Shoot, I know for a fact that many guys on the Skins would be out in the bars in Arlington/DC on Thursday nights. 

Just because you go out and enjoy yourself doesn't make you someone who's going to end up like Manziel. 

Just now, RonArtest15 said:

On a Monday night?  Like 5-6 days out from playing?  I couldn't care less, honestly.  Shoot, I know for a fact that many guys on the Skins would be out in the bars in Arlington/DC on Thursday nights. 

Just because you go out and enjoy yourself doesn't make you someone who's going to end up like Manziel. 

But Kirk doesn't, neither does Tom or Rodgers. We all know Roethlisburger does, but look at the trouble is has got him in. 

I think a qb has to hold himself to a higher standard because ultimately he is the keystone of team culture and in a market like Dallas, party culture can kill. 

Now I know dallas was a huge party team In the 90's, but it wasn't aikman bumping lines and pulling all nighters.

1 hour ago, RonArtest15 said:

no one said he would turn into Johnny 8ball . The Cowboys FO and organization is not one to control its players as already stated ... they are very laxed .  You say they are young and deserve it .... ok yes with discretion . He is the future face of a billion $$ company .  why do you think teams stop players from motorcycles , racing  other dangerous activities.   When drugs and Alcohol are involved you never know what could happen   and it might not be his doing .  As short as players careers are they can wait . 

42 minutes ago, jphilly said:

no one said he would turn into Johnny 8ball . The Cowboys FO and organization is not one to control its players as already stated ... they are very laxed .  You say they are young and deserve it .... ok yes with discretion . He is the future face of a billion $$ company .  why do you think teams stop players from motorcycles , racing  other dangerous activities.   When drugs and Alcohol are involved you never know what could happen   and it might not be his doing .  As short as players careers are they can wait . 

As long as he's enjoying himself LEGALLY, it's no issue. 

Dak Prescott going out on a Monday is a non-story. 

Archived