Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Parking Advice for Sunday nights game

JPG

I just bought tickets from seat geek and Im really excited to go but I don't have a parking pass and can't really afford to drop 65$ on one. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. First Skins game Ive been to in a while. Httr

5 hours ago, JPG said:

I just bought tickets from seat geek and Im really excited to go but I don't have a parking pass and can't really afford to drop 65$ on one. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. First Skins game Ive been to in a while. Httr

If you are not going to tailgate, I suggest parking at a subway stop and taking the Subway. You can even go just a few stops from the stadium. I believe it's a little over a mile from the subway to the stadium. But it's not a bad walk. Subway is really cheap and parking is typically free on Sundays.

4 hours ago, JPG said:

Ok thanks guys.  I believe Metro is closed by the time the game is over. We might just park at the closest Metro and walk from there. If anyone else has any better ideas I'd appreciate it.

They typically keep the Metro open for games but you can find out for sure on the Metro site. I take it all the time - including Monday Night games. My sister lives near Glenmont. Check it out for sure. They may not this week for some reason.

Having said that, as others said, you can typically find $20 parking passes on the way in.

10 hours ago, goskins10 said:

They typically keep the Metro open for games but you can find out for sure on the Metro site. I take it all the time - including Monday Night games. My sister lives near Glenmont. Check it out for sure. They may not this week for some reason.

Having said that, as others said, you can typically find $20 parking passes on the way in.

They didn't keep it open for the Nats game a few weeks ago so i doubt the will be keeping it open for the Skins game. 

3 minutes ago, S.T.real,lights,out said:

They didn't keep it open for the Nats game a few weeks ago so i doubt the will be keeping it open for the Skins game. 

They treat them differently. The Redskins games are only 8 times a year - maybe more with any kind of luck. You just have to check with Metro. I know for an absolute fact they have left it open in the past because I have ridden it and so has my brother in law. That does not mean they still do, so again just need to check.

11 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

They treat them differently. The Redskins games are only 8 times a year - maybe more with any kind of luck. You just have to check with Metro. I know for an absolute fact they have left it open in the past because I have ridden it and so has my brother in law. That does not mean they still do, so again just need to check.

Not anymore.  Metro closing earlier is now permanent.

I would recommend parking in the Barlowe Road lot AKA Tailgate Field  (it is North West of the stadium).  Barlowe Road is located near where the arrow that says To Route 50 on the map below.

I parked there for the Bills preseason game and it was $25.  The walk is not too bad.

fedexfield-parking_guide-2015.png

Archived