Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

YouTube: Washington Redskins 1972 Vintage Season Highlights

goskins10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8QI8s4XdLo

Since this is the off season, it's worth looking at some of the past. I ran across this older video from NFL Films on Youtube. You will probably have to go to Youtube to watch it. If the link doesn't work, just do a search on Washington Redskins 1972 Vintage Season Highlights. It will come up.

It's narrated by the John Facenda. I just love his voice. It takes me back to my youth when I first got interested in the Redskins. They do a great job of explaining some of the back stories, like Jack Pardee's cancer and Verlon Biggs being a literal out cast, or Roy Jefferson who was kind of a me guy till he got to the Redskins.

The 26-3 beat down of the cow****s for the NFC Championship will always be one of my personal favorite games, right up there with the SBs. 

Even if you have seen it, it's worth watching again. Anyway, enjoy!

Thanks....if 1971 was the year that got me hooked, 1972 was the year for the line and the sinker. I remember watching the SB that year, but very little of the 1972 NFC Championship game. My dad had a season ticket that year, but I don't think he went to the NFC Championship game due to illness...not sure who ended up with that ticket. The game was blacked out in DC (https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/in-1972-redskin-fans-couldnt-watch-nfc-championship-on-tvs-in-washington/2012/01/27/gIQANXwCqQ_story.html)

We were living in Richmond, VA at the time, so it would have been on in Richmond.

Thanks for that. Never seen that. Unfortunately I was only 4 years old that season, so I never saw it. I started watching the Skins in 1986, so I saw some of those players play.

Regarding Jefferson, he had no choice but to be a team player. Too many vets on the team to let him be a jerk. They wouldn't have tolerated it.

One thing that always bothered me about Allen. He'd rather his defense win the game 17-7, then to let Sonny do his thing and win the game 31-7. Our offense should have put up 30 a game with all those players we had, but Allen was way too conservative and superstitious.

Archived