Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pro Football Focus: Redskins have the 21st ranked roster in the NFL

Boss_Hogg

Slightly off topic, but with regards to the NFL's Top 100 List...Trent Williams is ranked #45 and that has me thinking, is Kerrigan going to be ranked this year? I mean it wouldn't surprise me to see him ranked somewhere in the next 10, but higher than that would be a real accomplishment and honor. That, and would you rank him higher than Williams? On the other hand, if he is not ranked at all, that would be a slap in the face.

Don't see Kerrigan being ranked this year

Don't see Kerrigan being ranked this year

Yeah, but I still find it odd that he wouldn't be ranked at all this year. He was 78th last year coming off a 13.5 sack year and, yes, he dipped to 9.5 sacks this year, but he has been relatively healthy in terms of games missed and is very consistent...something you would think his peers would respect. Especially when you watch how far quality players tumble in year-over-year rankings due to injury (Andrew Luck and LeVeon Bell for example).

I still view him as the team's 2nd best overall player, behind the Silver back.

Having said that, I would rather the Skins continue to fly under the radar.  It is always more advantageous to be under-rated than over-rated, because you will always catch some teams overlooking you if you are under-rated.

Because every team in the league is biting their fingernails, indecisive on what teams tape to watch, waiting for PFF to release their rankings.

Because every team in the league is biting their fingernails, indecisive on what teams tape to watch, waiting for PFF to release their rankings.

I don't really know how well-regarded PFF is--whether anybody in the NFL takes it seriously.  But, as a general rule, I prefer my team to be under-rated than over-rated no matter who is doing the rating.

Slightly off topic, but with regards to the NFL's Top 100 List...Trent Williams is ranked #45 and that has me thinking, is Kerrigan going to be ranked this year? I mean it wouldn't surprise me to see him ranked somewhere in the next 10, but higher than that would be a real accomplishment and honor. That, and would you rank him higher than Williams? On the other hand, if he is not ranked at all, that would be a slap in the face.

If Kerrigan hasn't appeared yet, he won't be on this season's top 100, because the other players aren't going to rank him ahead of Trent Williams.  I think the only Redskin left who will be named is Josh Norman (probably top 15).  Hopefully, Kerrigan would take the slight of being left off the top 100 as motivation for a monster season.

In any event, it is hard to take this list seriously.  Isn't Andrew Luck ranked at No. 92 and quite a bit below Bortles?  It is very hard for me to believe that there are 91 players better than Luck in the NFL.  Yes, Luck did get hurt last season, but he is still very young and he is probably a top 5 QB in the NFL.

In any event, it is hard to take this list seriously. Isn't Andrew Luck ranked at No. 92 and quite a bit below Bortles? It is very hard for me to believe that there are 91 players better than Luck in the NFL. Yes, Luck did get hurt last season, but he is still very young and he is probably a top 5 QB in the NFL.

Luck got screwed before he was even drafted when Pollan was fired. He'll end up having a career like Dan Marino now and likely never get another good chance at a SB.

Luck got screwed before he was even drafted when Pollan was fired. He'll end up having a career like Dan Marino now and likely never get another good chance at a SB.

if he's lucky...

February 3, 2015 | Filed in: History.

marinofootball.jpg?w=156&h=300When Dolphins quarterback Dan Marino retired 15 years ago, he held nearly every major passing record.

But he’s lost most of his major records — including career touchdowns and yards — in an era that’s much more favorable to quarterbacks.

Still, Marino remains on the top of some categories. Here’s a look at the records he still holds as we approach the 15th anniversary of his retirement.

Marino’s current records:

Most season leading the NFL in passing attempts (5): 1984, 1986, 1988, 1992, 1997

Most games, 50+ pass attempts (career): 14

Most season leading the league in pass completions (6): 1984–1986, 1988, 1992, 1997

Most games with 450+ passing yards (career): 4

Most touchdown passes, first three seasons in NFL: 96

Marino’s shared records:

Most consecutive seasons leading the league in pass completions: 3 (George Blanda)

Most seasons leading the league in passing yards: 5 (Sonny Jurgensen, Drew Brees)

Most games, 400+ passing yards (season): 4 (Peyton Manning)

Most consecutive 400+ yard passing games: 2 (Dan Fouts, Phil Simms, Billy Volek, Matt Cassel, Cam Newton, Tom Brady, Philip Rivers)

Most games 1+ TD passes in a season*: 16 (Dave Krieg, Kurt Warner, Brett Favre, Daunte Culpepper, Brady, Brees, Matthew Stafford, Manning, Rivers, Ben Roethlisberger)

Most games 2+ TD passes in a season: 15 (Manning)

Most seasons 40+ TD passes: 2 (Brees, Manning)

“Firsts” accomplished by Marino:

First 5,000 yard passing season (5,084, 1984)

First 40 touchdown pass season (48, 1984)

First player with 400 career touchdown passes

First player with 50,000 career passing yards

First player with 60,000 career passing yards

First player with 4,000 career pass completions

First player with 7,000 career pass attempts

First player with 8,000 career pass attempts

although I understand what you're saying....still, if he's Luck y...

/ am surprised Brees hasn't surpassed a couple of these...or even Brady >: (

also surprised with Blandas completions...kudos for the old men!!... and kudos to Sonny! HTTR!!!

Great. Looks like PFF and myself are on the same page. I had them rated as the 79th highest rated sports website for information, just behind Don Crowleys Super Duper Football Emporium Blog and just ahead of Justin T's Football Predictions Paradise.

I am assuming that is 2 behind the Just Pick Whatever Hell Rankings You Want Wonderland and 2 above We Don't Know and We Don't Care Carousel?  (I know they sound more like carnival rides, but these websites are getting real creative nowadays!  :P )

Archived