Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Too much of a good thing? WRs and TEs

Burgold

We are not cutting garçon. His attitude and mentality are exactly what the gm wants to reinforce a good work ethic in younger players especially a receiver like doctson. They'll ease him in and it will be at the right time.

Winning is always a cure all. If we are winnin everyone will be just fine with the ball getting spread around. If we are losing then there is always a potential for players to get frustrated.

I called exactly what happened last night. Check my post history...I said we would take a WR after trading down. I only mention that because I think I have a handle on where things are and why things are being done right now.

As for the draft, I searched and saw not one of you mention other teams in our division and what they did last night.

Eagles have Sam Bradford and they have Chase Daniels. Did they need a QB? No but they took one

Cowboys have Darren McFadden who ranked 4th overall in rushing yards last season. They just signed Alfred Morris. Did they need a RB? No but they took one

Can't use the Giants because they took a defensive player and to me this is about offensive players, snap counts, opportunities, egos, and team direction and defensive players don't fit.

What you saw last night was our division picking for two reasons. One either to save money, or two to get some asses in the seats.

Coaches and staff aren't worried about who they have now when they make these decisions, they aren't worried about a move they might make and it cause some locker room deva issues and the headlines, they are juggling salary caps here. Everyone knows that if someone becomes a nuisance they can be cut anytime. This is all about the cost of Free Agency. you have money saving picks and money costing picks

Why did we go WR last night? Money

Why did Dallas go RB? Money

Why did the Eagles go QB? Money

I know I'm not the only one that saw free agency when it comes to receivers lately right? Marvin Jones 8 million a season. Mohammed Sanu signed 7 million a season, Dwayne Bowe signed for 7 million a season. You have a WR who is entering free agency...well buckle up they are going to be paid a ton of money good or bad. It doesn't matter if your the right guy or just a guy, the floor is getting to be so high it makes no sense to not draft WR's.

Know how much Garcon and Jackson will get next year in free agency? No one can say for sure but I can tell you this. The rookie WR we just drafted will only get 10 million over four years. Think either Garcon or Jackson would sign for that? Nope why would they? So if you can get production out of this position in the draft you take the draft pick every time and save that money.

QB is even worse. Brock Osweiler signed a 4 year 75 million dollar contract after starting 7 games ever. Sam Bradford has a losing record starting and still got 18 million a season. Why did the Eagles want a QB? Because they just paid Bradford 36 million over two seasons and Chase Daniel a guy who has started ONE time 21 million over three seasons. You know how much Wentz is going to get in four years? 24 million. Much cheaper to draft someone then to play the Free Agent QB game too. Money driven decision

As for the RB....Dallas is coming off a horrible season, it's QB is 36 years old and one hit from retirement. It's best player just signed a mega million dollar deal and promptly crapped the bed like a lot of players do right after they get paid do. They need a true second receiver. They have a terrible Defense, no pass rush at all and who lack fundamentals so badly can't cause any defensive turnovers. There hall of fame worthy TE is old and this is likely his last season or next year at best. What do these Cowboys have to look forward to now like this? Outside of the delusional kool-aide drinkers not much. So Jerry needs to fill that Jerry plex he created and what could he do? Take a RB, who is the hottest most in demand player out there. Get him and the fans will come. Money decided decision there too too. 

Archived