Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Armstead....how has his play been last few weeks?

NoCalMike

Jessie, like Trotter, has been quietly doing his job and doing it well. Just like he did last year. Ineteresting thing is how close together the number of tackles all three backers have, ( a sometimes tricky stat I know). Seems like in watching these games, all three seem to be around the ball at the end of a play.

:cheers:

The most important thing is where the linebackers make their tackles, not how many tackles they have.

If they are consistently making their tackles 4 or 5 yards beyond the line of scrimmage -- thats not good -- as opposed to near the line of scrimmage. In that I don't get to see that many Redskin games on national TV -- especially when they are losing -- I am unable to judge their performance. :(

Armstead has been a consistent bright spot for the D since he's gotten here. I have no problems with him.

My only gripe with Trotter is that he was brought here not to just "quietly do his job" but to be a playmaker from the MLB position. He has made two big plays this year-the pick in Philly and the critical third and short stuff in the Jets game. But not much else.

You can blame the scheme but before the season Trotter and others were openly talking about how the adjustments Edwards made would allow him to play downhill the way he did in Philly. But for some reason, he hasn't had the same type of impact. I still don't think his play has justified his contract.

and Russell has shown what so far that would cause you to release an otherwise productive starter at LB? :)

and who exactly would replace Armstead right now?

the club has refused to draft defensive players for the past 2 years and all we have in the can is Pierce who hasn't played much since 2001 and Lemar Marshall, who appears to be no more than a special teamer.

Originally posted by Posse81

Armstead has been a consistent bright spot for the D since he's gotten here. I have no problems with him.

My only gripe with Trotter is that he was brought here not to just "quietly do his job" but to be a playmaker from the MLB position. He has made two big plays this year-the pick in Philly and the critical third and short stuff in the Jets game. But not much else.

You can blame the scheme but before the season Trotter and others were openly talking about how the adjustments Edwards made would allow him to play downhill the way he did in Philly. But for some reason, he hasn't had the same type of impact. I still don't think his play has justified his contract.

They also said he would not be 100% this whole season because of the severity of last season's injury. But who really can judge that!?!

Originally posted by NoCalMike

They also said he would not be 100% this whole season because of the severity of last season's injury. But who really can judge that!?!

That's a factor NoCal, no doubt about it. I'm just putting together a year and a half and comparing it to his years in Philly and I haven't seen the same player. He had some knee problems before he got here too but I don't know to what extent. I'm not saying he won't return to form, but I haven't seen it yet.

Originally posted by ktball74

Release Armstead after this year, and put the money towards re-signing big D. Russell!!

Are you going to trade a solid player for an unproven one? Russell has been with us for only a coupleof games, he's far away from solid.

Armstead is capable for at leas two more years, then we have Peirce in place to take over his spot.

All three of are LB's are better than the avg. NFL LB. Remeber when we first added Jesse & Trotter, all the hype. As a group they have not dominated the way I thought they would. Even though, there's not a chance in hell I let go of Jesse to hold onto D. Russell. Hopefully he stays on but not at the expense of one of our LB's. Although you can take any other DT or DE you want. Take 'em PLEASE!

Release Armstead after this year, and put the money towards re-signing big D. Russell!!

Your nuts, Armstead has been extremely solid and consistent each year he has been here, if any of the LBs go it's Trotter, I think he is due to make 7 million next season.

I can agree with letting Trotter go, and using Kevin Mitchell. I have seen Armstead out of position a lot this year, but so is everyone else. We need to keep Darrell Russell, and draft a Def End. As the season goes on, D. Russell is going to make a huge impact, and make our LB's look much better. Your LB's are only as good as your D line makes them, and our D line hasn't been very good early on.

I can agree with letting Trotter go, and using Kevin Mitchell. I have seen Armstead out of position a lot this year, but so is everyone else. We need to keep Darrell Russell, and draft a Def End. As the season goes on, D. Russell is going to make a huge impact, and make our LB's look much better. Your LB's are only as good as your D line makes them, and our D line hasn't been very good early on.

Your right, WE DO need to keep Russell, I think he can make a huge impact.

I'm all for keeping Russell, but Armstead is not the problem. He's been very consistent and comes to play every game. A great Redskin.

Archived