Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GIF Breakdown: Kirk Cousins vs Buccaneers (33/40, 317 yards, 4 Total TDs, 0 INT)

thehbrwhammer

http://nflbreakdowns.com/cousins-buccaneers-4tds-wk7-2015/

This is my film breakdown of Kirk Cousins versus the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The Redskins were down 0-24 to start the game and ended up winning in a comeback victory versus the Bucs 31-30 with a game-winning drive by Kirk Cousins.

Not all was perfect. Cousins threw a few passes in the first half that I really didn't like, but he improved over the course of the game and started connecting drives together. This was definitely helped by the 16 penalties for 142 yards by the Bucs.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Keep these up man... I love the gif breakdowns. Thanks for another one.

A request, if it's possible...can you put up Cousins' deep pass to Roberts along the sideline? Roberts caught it, spun around between two defenders and kept running towards the end zone...

What Cali suggested for sure would be a nice addition too... 

I'd love to see the breakdown of Brady's passes versus a similar press/man defense to perhaps compare Brady's reads on comparable looks. Would love to hear your breakdown/analysis on what the skins need to do in order to perhaps curtail the effectiveness of Brady.

Great breakdowns my man!  Keep up the good work.

Do you have the ez shot of the bad pass play at the end of the game that almost got picked?

To my eyes it looks like Cousins is trying to hit the #3 wr on the stop route.  Same thing we saw in ATL.  It's an outside shoulder throw, and it looks to me like Cousins just misfires on it.  Cousins head is directly facing Crowder when he lets go of the ball.

Either way, bad throw, but I love to breakdown film and would like to see the ez shot!  

damn your are awesome hammer. 

that almost INT was a brutal, brutal throw. He has to fix that. what was  he looking at?? 

I know this could be totally unrealistic, but when his back foot hit and he saw the field, it had to be obvious those guys were blanketed. 

Could he have run the ball there?? 

damn your are awesome hammer. 

that almost INT was a brutal, brutal throw. He has to fix that. what was  he looking at?? 

I know this could be totally unrealistic, but when his back foot hit and he saw the field, it had to be obvious those guys were blanketed. 

Could he have run the ball there?? 

He's not "looking" at anything.  That was a timing throw. 

I wonder if the bubble screen was meant to be a decoy and Cousins planned to go to Reed all along. That was an incredible play and executed flawlessly. Love the gif breakdowns. Keep them coming!

According to Jay Gruden the bubble screen was the intended play actually. When they called the play they didn't expect to get a 1v1 matchup with Reed from this look so they took it instead.

Archived