Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Adjustments for tomorrow.

Art

Team adjustments are meaningless. It's time for we, the fans, to step up and demonstrate a capacity for sacrifice that changes the karma. We gave it a good effort last week with the 1,000 reply thread. But that's not enough.

In 1992 I stopped drinking on Redskins game days. I found I got very angry and would need to vent, so when I got a little tanked after a loss, I'd head out to a bar in my Redskin gear, and wait for someone to say boo. When they did, I'd pound them into submission. After spending one too many nights in the drunk tank I decided, no more booze, beer, wine or anything else on Redskins game days :).

Well, that's all changing. I'm willing to do actual JAIL time to get a win. I'm drinking. Starting early. Finishing late :). I bought a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue and a 21-year-old single malt I favor and will see which brings better luck.

I will also break out my most ridiculous fan outfit. The one that is most ludicrous. Most silly. Most my-wife-crinkles-her-nose outfit. I MAY even wear a stocking cap with the Redskins logo INSIDE. I'm pulling out the stops. Will it matter? We'll see. Bars in the Minneapolis area better hope so :).

If the Redskins continue to display their recent flair for the uninspiring, and your all's post-game mood swings have been anything like mine.....

you may not have to make that 'particular' sacrifice.

Your wives/girlfriends may be more than happy to make the decision for you :laugh: :mad:

I mean there's nothing more attractive to a woman than a surly, foul-tempered, obscenity-spewing, obsessed man. With a hangover.

Thank God for cinemax after 11pm.

Originally posted by Art

Team adjustments are meaningless. It's time for we, the fans, to step up and demonstrate a capacity for sacrifice that changes the karma. We gave it a good effort last week with the 1,000 reply thread. But that's not enough.

In 1992 I stopped drinking on Redskins game days. I found I got very angry and would need to vent, so when I got a little tanked after a loss, I'd head out to a bar in my Redskin gear, and wait for someone to say boo. When they did, I'd pound them into submission. After spending one too many nights in the drunk tank I decided, no more booze, beer, wine or anything else on Redskins game days :).

Well, that's all changing. I'm willing to do actual JAIL time to get a win. I'm drinking. Starting early. Finishing late :). I bought a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue and a 21-year-old single malt I favor and will see which brings better luck.

I will also break out my most ridiculous fan outfit. The one that is most ludicrous. Most silly. Most my-wife-crinkles-her-nose outfit. I MAY even wear a stocking cap with the Redskins logo INSIDE. I'm pulling out the stops. Will it matter? We'll see. Bars in the Minneapolis area better hope so :).

What brand of single malt? That's an expensive day of drinking, Art. The good stuff just goes down so nicely, so smoothly.

:cheers:

How's this for putting it all on the line...

If the Redskins fail to win tomorrow, I will shut down "BUDDHA'S REDSKINS ROSTER PAGE" forever. Not just for a week. Not until the end of the season. Not until the beginning of next season.

FOREVER.

Originally posted by The Angry Buddha

How's this for putting it all on the line...

If the Redskins fail to win tomorrow, I will shut down "BUDDHA'S REDSKINS ROSTER PAGE" forever. Not just for a week. Not until the end of the season. Not until the beginning of next season.

FOREVER.

Scary proposition, bro.

How about this: if the Skins DO win, you have to commit to keeping the Roster Page running forever. :)

I guess I'm the opposite. When the 'Skins are playing badly (ala the last few weeks) I just sit on the recliner like a zombie.

No yelling, throwing or tantrums. Expecting the worst (and getting it).

And, I'm expecting to be that way until this team shows some signs of a heartbeat.

I'll be watching, but I'm not gonna get fired up until the team shows that THEY can get pumped up. :cheers:

K..I'm in. Sacrifices must be made. Going with Redskins sweatshirt, , matching shorts, and of course to top it off, ahem, the Redskins bandana. Of course, I have been indulging in the lite version of some cold barly and hops beverages up till now.I say thee nay for tomorow. Full on loaded with all kinds of carbs :pint: with #7 as a chaser after Redskins scores, ( I've got one of those cool Redskins shot glasses), which I haven't done this season as of yet, ( sorry Brave :D ). Figure if that doesnt work, really not going to care all that much by games end anyway. :D:pint: :pint: :D

:cheers:

I now know why we are not winning!

We have not won since my boyfriend broke up with me.

Blame it on him!!

I am in Dallas right now....at the Sheraton....and vow to drink tonight and forget his name.

Then, we will win.

And I will be drunk.

Time to dance on the tables!!!!

;)

Blondie

Originally posted by Blondie

I now know why we are not winning!

We have not won since my boyfriend broke up with me.

Blame it on him!!

I am in Dallas right now....at the Sheraton....and vow to drink tonight and forget his name.

Then, we will win.

And I will be drunk.

Time to dance on the tables!!!!

;)

Blondie

dancer-fade.jpg

eek2.gif;):)

Deal me in.

I'll get home from work in the am. Get a quick nap. Give my wife the keys, and walk to the neighborhood watering hole, which opens at noon on Sun.

It'll take some sacrifice (and quite a few bucks) but I intend to be slurring words by kickoff. By halftime, I'll be challenging anyone in the bar to a duel. By game's end my hope is that someone who knows me is still talking to me, and can either roll me to my front stoop, or at least get me stumbling in the proper direction. 4 o'colock games??? Are you joking, I'll be snoring fit to bring the house down by 5 pm.

I USED to get angry...I think it was all about unrealised expectations.....

Last week...me and the lovely Mrs. lowered ours and of course we were not dissapointed....

taking the low-stress Ben Franklin approach; I will expect the worst and not be surprised with a loss..yet

If we win I will be tickled and joyous.

All right. Just made the ultimate sacrifice. I've bet my beard on the Skins today.

That's right. Got tired of the razzing form last week's debacle in Dallas, and told the Cow girl fan to put up or shut up. If the Skins lose, my beard goes. If the Cokeboys lose his beard hits the skids. Could be a couple clean shaven guys bringing the local fish wrapper to the masses tomorrow.

Originally posted by Art

Hey Art...you out there???

Get ready to booze it up next week too....we're on a roll. :40oz:

I split the game by bottles. Johnny Walker Blue in the first half. Macallen (spelling) in the second. And a celebratory bottle of win immediately opened upon Smoot's INT. Down side was the wife. She doesn't "want to have sex with a smelly drunken idiot."

The good news is, she's not as strong as I am so, it worked out ok :).

Archived