Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFF.com: Secret Superstars: Washington Redskins

Audible_Red40

I recall a lot of plays where Murphy was just a fraction of a second away from getting a sack.  If he can turn those into "sacks n stuff" then we got something great.  I think he has the potential to become a dangerous duo with Kerrigan.

Certainly not but based on player test scores, special admit rates, the average student body profile and grad rates we can say with surety that players at the best academic programs are generally better than their counterparts at less selective institutions even though they dont compare to the elite student body.

Agreed....higher baseline curve, is still higher baseline curve...comparitively speaking.

Murphy played good last season but why the fans don't fall in love is that he is not flashy. He doesn't have the crazy first step or get's a lot of sacks. He doesn't stand out when you just casualy watch the game. 

Let's be honest. You can say what you want about Orakpo...but the man has a scary name, he looks like a beast, he has a pretty good first step and is great in getting hold. The man sucked in your attention. That's why fans bought his jersey and liked him.

I don't see Murphy ever becoming a sack artist but that fine with me. Let him do the dirty work against the run and get around 8 sacks a year. 

What this team needs is someone to come on the scene on our ST unit and make some noise.  Danny Smith got a pass his last couple years here because of Lorenzo Alexander was the coach on the field for our special teams units back then.   I'm hoping one of our young guns can step up this year and be that special teams Ace that we need.  I'm pulling for Kyshoen (friend of the family) to be that guy but that will be the area he will have to excel at to make the 53 barring injuries to any of JJ or Nacho (which is entirely possible if not probable lol)  I was dissapointed when Jose Gumbs got released because he seemed to look good on kickoff coverage but I guess he was the exact opposite of that on the field as a safey seeing alot of time due to lack of talent at that position for us.

Akeem Davis was supposed to be that new ST's demon last year, but all he really did was be the first to get to the punt returner....and the first to be penalized. A couple were BS calls, but still. You have to be smarter in those situations. Would love to see someone else emerge and start laying legal, impact hits and causing turnovers.

Akeem did a nice job in my opinion and will (should?) improve this year.  Some of the calls against him were total horse****.  Hopefully we will have several fighting for our ST's this year.  I think it was a consideration in who we drafted.  Now, if you don't start, you better be able to play ST's at a high level.  I really look for us to improve in this area.  Yea, I'm always hopeful....then the real bullets fly...HTTR

Akeem Davis was supposed to be that new ST's demon last year, but all he really did was be the first to get to the punt returner....and the first to be penalized. A couple were BS calls, but still. You have to be smarter in those situations. Would love to see someone else emerge and start laying legal, impact hits and causing turnovers.

I'm still hopeful for him. I think I saw him listed as the FS2. He's still my dark horse fan crush.

Archived