Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Doctor Who: Your Favorite Doctor?

88Comrade2000

Doctor Who: Who's Your Favorite Doctor?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Doctor Who: Who's Your Favorite Doctor?

• First Doctor: William Hartnell
    • Second Doctor: Patrick Trougton
    • Third Doctor: John Pertwee
    • Fourth Doctor: Tom Baker
    • Fifth Doctor: Peter Davidson
    • First Doctor for 1983's The Five Doctors: Richard Hurndall
    • Sixth Doctor: Colin Baker
    • Seventh Doctor: Sylvester Mccoy
    • Eigth Doctor: Paul Mccann
    • War Doctor for 2013's The Day of The Doctor: John Hurt
    • Ninth Doctor: Christopher Eccleston
    • Tenth Doctor: David Tennant
    • Eleventh Doctor: Matt Smith
    • Twelveth Doctor: Peter Capaldi

Old school is Tom Baker new school is David Tennant. I know some people hate Matt Smith but I thought he was pretty good, though a bit annoying at times. Peter Capaldi is bringing a new edge to the character with his "piss off" attitude and I like it; its a refreshing change of pace and he's really good with the super dry humor. That being said, Tennant is definitely my favorite.

I really really really want to like Capaldis Doctor..but something is missing.

His war with Missy..aka the new Master...even if the previous Master was boss (knock knock knock)...has been a winner though.

I view Series 8 as uneven.  I do like Capaldi though. It them a while to get him where they wanted him.  Of course, he won't appeal to everyone. So, take a break and wait until the next Doctor.  I know my sister doesn't like him at all.

I think Series 9 could be the best of the Capaldi era. What they are filming now really sounds good.

Missy appears in the first 2 episodes. Also, it appears that the whole season my be 2 parters.

Tennant is definitely my Doctor. I think Eccelston would've locked that in had he came back for another season or two, as it took him until the latter half of his season to really get locked in (same goes for the writing). You kind of got a glimpse of it in "Dalek" and he solidified it with "The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances". That's when the series, and he as an actor, really began to grip me.

But Tennant was just absolutely wonderful. Irreverant enough to keep things light hearted, able to go serious enough to impart the true gravity of who the Doctor was, and enough time to truly go through the full range of things. I loved the descent into near megalomania culminating in "The Water on Mars".

I think Smith was a needed lightening of the mood after the end of Tennants run. It had got pretty dark for what was meant to be a show that was okay for kids, and it needed a snap back. Smith's ability to play up childlike qualities was excellent without going absolutely outlandish. He was fun. I'd say I liked Eccelston and Tenant more as Doctors, but I possibly enjoyed the Smith episodes as much or more than any others. The interaction with Amy Pond and Rory, who really grew into an amazingly fun character after being really annoying early on, was great. (Also, Amy was smoking hot).

Similarly, Capaldi was a needed mellowing after Smith's childlike Doctor. Crotchety Doctor has been fun, as has been the move away from Doctor/Companion romance. I have a feeling Capaldi could easily become my second favorite if he continues the direction he's going. Definitely will take "Shut Up" over "Geronimo" ;)

As far as companions...

Hated Donna Noble in her first appearance, loved her as a full time companion. Martha was a great change after Rose. Amy was both smoking hot and just a fun personality. Rory could be a darkhorse for my favorite of the new group. Clara was a bit to on the nose perfect for my liking. While Rose was just too school girl crushy.

No love for Mickey? ;)

I didn't mind Donna Noble and how they ended her run (if you think about it) was probably more damaging of a story than the entire Bad Wolf storyline.

Let he gain the totality of the Doctor's knowledge (thus sealing her fate to die), have her beat Davros, then have her memory wiped of ever being with the Doctor and all the amazing things she saw and not letting her ever meet the Doctor again (or she will burn up). 

That's cold. 

Archived