Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jay Gruden and the new Philosophy - and all things coaching...hell it is offseason after all.

bedlamVR

Jumbo, good god that article from the 2nd is harsh. That makes even me, the eternal optimist feel hurt.

Harshness and hurt---this is what I offer in a relationship. Buck up, Island Boy.  :P

It's always darkest before the dawn. This year as I said in another thread is a sit back and watch Scot build the infrastructure of a successful team to come, Jay is being watched and I'm sure prodded and questioned by Scot, who is measuring his faith going forth. Not to say all players, their actions, their performance is also being watched carefully. I know the Director of OPs mo, you don't come in and just change everything for the sake of changing it because it's not working, you analyze, take notes, make plans, then implement. 

For the simple minded..... Just because a town sucks doesn't mean a tornado leveling it is going to immediately make it better. ie; the immediate change could be more of a setback to achieving the goal of systemic change for good. 

the one thing I cling to is Joe Gibbs was an air it out guy he had a baptism of fire but he soon relised the way to win in Washington is to do it on the ground and while Bethard and He may have disagreed on specific players they did manage to co-exist . 

Can Jay have that kind of awakening ? 

I hope so but I am not so sure - and my worry is that everything that has been done well is going to be undone by incompetence at the HC position ... any thoughts ? 

I believe he has come to the realization/resignation...we gonna run n' run some more...

NFL network had a short piece with an audio clip of Jay on Sirius and the piece was headlined as "Jay Gruden defends Robert Griffin III on 2014 criticisms." And then that's basically what it was (Jay providing a few similar, and I'd say legitimate, points as many here have done).

Still just talk until it's not, of course.

Archived