Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CSN - Report: Giants ask to interview Raheem Morris for DC

HapHaszard

Perry Fewell's defenses have been consistently bad. He's not far behind Hasshole in terms of points allowed per game. How much of that is a factor of coaching, and how much of it can be attributed to Eli's generosity, I'm not sure. He hasn't been good, though.

He was believed to be a head coach candidate just a couple years ago. Sometimes people just need a change of scenery. Then again, our "scenery" hasn't been that kind to ANY incoming coach in loooong time!  lol

Mara:  Raheem, we are interested in interviewing you as DC

Raheem:  Great, I'm very excited to be here

Mara: Can you break down Jay's playbook for us in detail ... ahem ... so we can hear some of your defensive philosophies

Raheem: um ok ....

Mara:  I wasn't there in person at the time.  Could you describe Dan's reactions to the salary cap penalties (hehe).  Please go into as much detail as possible (hehe).  Take your time and don't forget anything

Raheem: um

Mara:  Thanks for coming.  We'll let you know.

The personnel for the secondary was so uneven, and so frequently changing personnel -- it's hard to know how good of a defensive secondary coach Morris was.

My sense is that Raheem was more of a motivator, than a coach who specialized in developing the young talent. Not sure how well he handled the X's and O's. Maybe his time with Haslett, helped to prepare him for the DC's role.

I actually think Raheem gets a little bit too much hate. It's quite possible that Haslett was to blame for a lot of our secondary woes. 

Either way, if the Giants are smart they will keep that party animal out of NYC

Mara:  Raheem, we are interested in interviewing you as DC

Raheem:  Great, I'm very excited to be here

Mara: Can you break down Jay's playbook for us in detail ... ahem ... so we can hear some of your defensive philosophies

Raheem: um ok ....

Mara:  I wasn't there in person at the time.  Could you describe Dan's reactions to the salary cap penalties (hehe).  Please go into as much detail as possible (hehe).  Take your time and don't forget anything

Raheem: um

Mara:  Thanks for coming.  We'll let you know.

I'm sure the Giants are sooo worried about Gruden and our explosive offense. 

From what I remember, Raheem wasn't a popular guy in Tampa Bay either; wonder why? :D

So, go ahead Dan, MAKE OUR DAY!  Rooney rule or not, let him go for a ham sammich, the Giants can even hold the cheese.

Nothing had improved while he was running the secondary, and it didn't appear that he had a backbone to make a stand to change anything with Haslett's decision-making, so he can hit the door.

Archived