Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CSN - Report: Giants ask to interview Raheem Morris for DC

HapHaszard

I'm guessing Rooney Rule, but I'll gladly drive the U-Haul up if they take him and someone else packs his crap.

I don't think Raheem would be a bad DC.

I think he'd be the wrong DC for us given his performance over the past few years and our personnel better suited (potentially) for a 3-4 where as he's bee na traditional 4-3 guy.

Sorry I've always felt Raheem was a Tampa 2 guy. Maybe it's an off shoot of the 4-3 and I just didn't know. But I thought it was weird that we had a Tampa 2 guy running our DB's and a 4-3 guy (Haslett) running our 3-4 defense.

I agree with the above post. I know he's not well liked around here but we can be looking back in a few years kicking ourselves if he goes to the Giant and do well. But that's just my opinion.

We also could be walking around kicking ourselves if Haslett goes elsewhere and does well. ....yeah like that's gunna happen.

We also could be walking around kicking ourselves if Haslett goes elsewhere and does well. ....yeah like that's gunna happen.

Haslett was handcuffed by Haslett while with the Redskins.  You wait and see. Once Haslett is freed from having to listen to Haslett, Haslett will lead a defense to victory (until the last drive whereupon he gives away the score and the game)

Haslett was handcuffed by Haslett while with the Redskins.  You wait and see. Once Haslett is freed from having to listen to Haslett, Haslett will lead a defense to victory (until the last drive whereupon he gives away the score and the game)

#unshackled

I'd swap Morris for Perry Fewell.

Perry Fewell's defenses have been consistently bad. He's not far behind Hasshole in terms of points allowed per game. How much of that is a factor of coaching, and how much of it can be attributed to Eli's generosity, I'm not sure. He hasn't been good, though.

I'm going to go against the grain here... Raheem had a reputation as a good coach before coming here and has been endorsed with flying colors by other members of our staff, his former and current players, and respected vets like London Fletcher and Ryan Clark. 

Poor play in the secondary could be more a result of the lack of talent/depth we have, overall inadequacy by certain players (Amerson, Biggers specifically come to mind), and/or bad coverages called by Haslett. 

Keep in mind as well that Breeland played extremely well this year, way better than you would expect from a 4th round rookie. DHall had something of a career renaissance and blossomed into one of the top corners in the league two years ago under Raheem.

I certainly don't think that Raheem is a weak point on our coaching staff, and I'd go so far as to say that losing him would be bad for us.  

How many more 3rd and longs does his unit have to give up before you realize that it's coaching!  He couldn't even teach his guys how to play very, very basic concepts like Cover 3.  That's on him.  Over and over his unit has been the most underperforming of all. 

Archived