Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WTKR: Man Dead Over Redskins/Cowboys Game

rg31212

I've been to 'Skins games in Dallas, SF, Oakland, San Diego, Houston, & Arizona.   I've never come close to being in a fight, but I've definitely seen my fair share of other folks fighting, sometimes it is home crowd fans fighting each other.  I've sat right behind one guy who was do drunk he puked and passed out before the end of the 1st quarter, that was in SF.

I was a little worried about wearing my jersey to Oakland, but I have done it twice now and suprisingly other then a lot of Raider Nation pride, giving me a good ribbing during the tailgating, I haven't encountered too much of anything as far as hostility goes.  Also, Dallas was pretty good to me.

I don't know if I am just lucky, or maybe it is because I really try to avoid being a jerk in public.  I think I am more of an irrational idiot when I am alone in my own living room where the consequences are few, hahahaha.

• 2 weeks later...

There are a number of Cowboys' fans who attend a bar that I often visit. For the most part, we're fairly civil to each other. At times we find ourselves in friendly debates, but I can't think of one reason why ANYONE would attack someone over a ****ing game. The guy who did this will hopefully be locked away for a very long time. It's disconcerting and horrible that this guy was a fan of the same team I've been rooting for for almost three decades. My prayers go out to the family and friends who lost not only a fan but someone who they cared about dearly. To lose a life over something as inane as an argument over a football game is so so sad. :(

Archived