Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WTKR: Man Dead Over Redskins/Cowboys Game

rg31212

http://wtkr.com/2014/12/29/fiancee-of-murdered-chesapeake-man-deadly-fight-was-over-redskins-vs-cowboys-football-game/

Apparently a brawl broke out between two men over last Sunday's game in Chesapeake, VA and one man is dead.  It appears the man dead was the Cowboys fan and the killer was the Redskins fan as is being reported on some Cowboys sites (http://thelandryhat.com/2014/12/31/dallas-cowboys-fan-killed-redskins-fan-sundays-win-video/).

I didnt want to include this in our teams forums because this guy was a nutjob and I didnt want to associate it with the team or our great fans.  Important reminder that this entire thing is really just a game and nothing more.  What utter and absolute stupidity, and an even greater shame.

I know this didn't happen at the stadium, but stuff like this is a big reason I seldom go to sporting events anymore.  The closest I came to anything like this was a drunk guy who wanted to fight me and my friend because we asked him to move our of our seats (it was bench-style seating, so that required him to squeeze in with his friends where he belonged).  

The messed up part was that we were cheering for the same team, but alcohol makes people stupid.  He basically egged us on the entire game trying to get one of us to take a swing.  My buddy is ex-Navy so he's had to be restrained in much worse situations in his lifetime.  At the end of the game the guy got in our faces and dared us to take a swing at him.  When we both passed on the opportunity, he referred to us as a slang term for female genitalia.

With every new football season, my couch looks like a better and better place to watch football.

Disgusting! It's just a damn game.

oh come on man, that cowboys fan had it coming!!!!

completely joking by the way, incase it wasnt clear :P

I hate dallas with a passion, but yeah i agree with you 100% man, a football game is not important enough to fight over or kill anyone over. like, if you cant go to a game without killing anyone or getting into a fight, stay at home. this is just stupid

Nothing beats the trash that attends football games. I absolutely refuse to go to any. I have a great time at NBA, MLB and NHL games.

Something about football game culture. You see drunk asswipes in every ****ing section.

well of course you're going to have a good time at a baseball game...there's literally NOTHING going on at all in a baseball game to start a fight over. its like watching grass grow...who would wanna start a fight over that??? :lol:

Im pretty surprised to hear that a hockey game could be calmer than a football game. hockey games can get pretty rough. my opinion is that anyone can go to a sports game and not get in a fight if they don't look for one. thats probably why you have a great time at sports games, cause you are smart enough to not start stuff with other people. i guarantee that if you went to an nfl game, you wouldn't have a bad time, as long as you stay out of peoples way

well of course you're going to have a good time at a baseball game...there's literally NOTHING going on at all in a baseball game to start a fight over. its like watching grass grow...who would wanna start a fight over that??? :lol:

Im pretty surprised to hear that a hockey game could be calmer than a football game. hockey games can get pretty rough. my opinion is that anyone can go to a sports game and not get in a fight if they don't look for one. thats probably why you have a great time at sports games, cause you are smart enough to not start stuff with other people. i guarantee that if you went to an nfl game, you wouldn't have a bad time, as long as you stay out of peoples way

I've been to plenty of football games. It's full of raging assholes. That's what tailgating culture gets you. None of the other sports have this problem.

I've been to plenty of football games. It's full of raging assholes. That's what tailgating culture gets you. None of the other sports have this problem.

So true - what other places, besides NASCAR - and I've been to a race in Richmond and saw at least 5 fights in the stands - allow for hours of drinking prior to the game even starting.  And then, they sell even more alcohol during the course of the game.  The fights that ensue seem to happen in the 4th quarter or after the game.  I refuse to go to too many games because of that.  I've been fortunate enough to not be involved in any of those situations, but I really keep my wits about me because you never know.

Idk, in my opinion as long as you stay away from fights and don't get involved in them, you should be fine. But if the fights keep you away from football games, that's your right. Not trying to steer you in any way though.

Someone else already brought it up, but tailgates are the X-factor with football games. Football games are really expensive, so a lot of people only go once a year-- it becomes extra important to those folks that its a huge event when they do it. People show up at 7 or 8am for a 1pm kickoff and are pretty lit up by the time they even get to their seats.  Then they may or may not drink more in the stadium.  

Beyond that, hockey is also a constant action sport.  Even if something big happens, the puck stays in play so your attention stays on the ice. In football you watch a 6-second play and then sit around for 25-40 seconds talking smack with people around you or watching replays of what just happened.

LOL, it doesn't even have to be a sporting event.  This was from a Kenny Chesney concert:

The more time that goes by the more I think it is pure luck I have no run into altercations. Not that I am ever looking for a fight, but as an out of town 'Skins fan the majority of games I see them at are road games, dating back to 1999.

I usually root for my team during the game, get excited when they do well but I never look for trouble, however going forward in modern times, it seems like merely wearing another team's jersey into the stadium is inviting danger.  It's ridiculous.

The more time that goes by the more I think it is pure luck I have no run into altercations. Not that I am ever looking for a fight, but as an out of town 'Skins fan the majority of games I see them at are road games, dating back to 1999.

I usually root for my team during the game, get excited when they do well but I never look for trouble, however going forward in modern times, it seems like merely wearing another team's jersey into the stadium is inviting danger.  It's ridiculous.

Agreed. 

I've worn my Cowboys gear in Dallas, DC, New York, Philly and Carolina. Some fans just take it way too serious. 

When we went to Philly, my father (65, retired firefighter), put his jacket on over his jersey, due to people heckling him too much. Pretty much takes the fun out of the game.

Agreed. 

I've worn my Cowboys gear in Dallas, DC, New York, Philly and Carolina. Some fans just take it way too serious. 

When we went to Philly, my father (65, retired firefighter), put his jacket on over his jersey, due to people heckling him too much. Pretty much takes the fun out of the game.

If I'm wearing Redskins gear to any opposing stadium, I'm going to pay some money and sit in the lower Bowl, closer to the field.  In every stadium that's not FedEx you'll be sitting with season ticket holders who are pretty civilized folks.  If you go to the upper deck, something stupid is bound to happen.

If I'm wearing Redskins gear to any opposing stadium, I'm going to pay some money and sit in the lower Bowl, closer to the field.  In every stadium that's not FedEx you'll be sitting with season ticket holders who are pretty civilized folks.  If you go to the upper deck, something stupid is bound to happen.

FedEx wasn't bad. Just typical talking. "Cowboys suck!" "Go back to Dallas" Just smile and keep walking.

Other places. Not so much lol

Looked more like a WWE clothesline rather than a punch. Must have hit the back of his held when he fell. Shame. Senseless.

RIP.

Article stated that an artery in the guys neck ruptured. Sounds like a ticking time bomb scenario to me.

What does tailgating and drinking at games have to do with this anyways?

This happened at a bar didn't it?.....where the entire point is to consume alcohol.

Don't want to get beat up at a bar? Don't talk chit to a group of drunk guys wearing USMC shirts...especially when you are by yourself and they don't seem to be joking.

Crap situation...but 100k people die everyday. life

Yeah, hundreds of people die everyday but it shouldn't be over a game.  Don't talk crap, well, it's talked everyday on boards just like this one all over America.  Doesn't mean you should die over it.  That's not the way it works.  Don't care if this is a Redskin fan, Cowboy Fan, whatever kind of fan, this is just stupid and senseless.   I don't get this kind of behavior.  It's just a damn game.

Archived