Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MMQB: Diagnosing What Ails RG3

brandymac27

Gruden is what ails RG3...that was gutless coaching...plain and simple....anyone who blames RG3 for that is a flat out fool.

Gruden did not give RG3 a chance to succeed....spare me with the "he holds the ball too long" crap.

There is a punch line here right?!..  Two coaches, 400 former players <ok exaggeration here> have broken down film and acknowledge he is 

not a starting QB in this league playing as he has.

It is sad. Dude is broken and I just can't see how this is going to end well. It is going to get even uglier in the next few weeks. 

I do wonder what would have happened had we not panicked at the end of 2012.

When RG3 blew out his knee everyone freaked - management, the media, the fans, RG3 - everyone. We all became obsessed with RG3 playing a pro-style offense and protecting him at all costs. We all criticized Shanahan - was he trying to kill the golden goose RG3?? That set the table for the 2013 disaster.

In retrospect - I wish we had just kept RG3 in that 2012 offense. I don't care that it was a gimmick college offense and I don't care that it was dangerous - it worked. Yea, RG3 might have gotten injured again but at this point who gives a ****? We are on the verge of benching him so in the end we changed everything and broke RG3 to protect him??

Let me be clear - I am not defending RG3 or blaming anyone else for his disastrous performance. He has been beyond terrible. In retrospect I just wish we had stayed the course.

Guy its 1981 Joe Gibbs is 0-5 and the QB and Running Back walk into his office say we cannot run this offense - what does Gibbs do ? He creates a new offense that takes in Riggins and Theismans talents and the next two years they are in the Super Bowl. 

Gruden cannot do that -he has a QB that is NOT a pocket passer - will never be good at it, change your offense to USE what the talent you have is good at.  

RGIII and Gruden will fail if they cannot run an offense that RGIII can be successful at. 

We need a franchise QB. What part of that is hard to grasp? What part of that is difficult to understand. EVERYTHING else, falls into place with a franchise QB.

To specific for you, having a franchise QB and a quality Oline and defense, etc. means you can run at the SB. Throwing picks at Oline players, hiring new coaches is not going to solve the fundamental problem.

Yes, throwing picks at o line is a terrible idea.

I find your post awful.

Some Coach would have to accept the RG3 Carnival in his camp...Maybe...come contract time..Robert will choose to negotiate a backup salary for a year or two...learn from Gruden. I don't think RG will command a big FA contract and with what we invested I'd be willing to pay a little over a journey man's wage to see if we can recoup some value or GET a Franchise QB..

Forget drafting a QB..go with Kirk/Mccoy/RG and eat the 2015 season...draft Oline and Safety and build THE BASE...in two years..they'll be some veteran QB's on the market..Cutler-Foles-there is a few out there..

I sure wouldn't chase another rookie QB NOT NAMED LUCK

QBs are so valuable that if there is a guy that Gruden thinks is going to be his guy, then you have to get him.

You can't put Gruden into year 3 without a clear QB in the future, especially pinning on FA veteran, which essentially is telling him that his QB of the future is a guy that another team didn't want.

Due to changes in the rookie contract scale, RGIIIs contract isn't that bad to cut or trade, and if he goes somewhere where he is clearly the #2 QB, then he isn't a circus.

Assuming Palmer comes back healthy, even if RGIII is in AZ, it isn't a circus.  Much less somewhere like the Saints, Denver, Pittsburgh, NE, etc.

Archived