Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Half the Season in - Grading the Offseason Acquisitions

Riggo-toni

On Luvao and the draft, I think Long still might crack the line up, but Moses might be a back up most of his career. Luvao has been awful, the benefit of Compton getting the start is that it shined a light on how atrocious this O-Line truly is. Polumbus was the worst by far, but now that he's benched we can see that Chester and Luvao aren't that much better, Lichtensteiger is average at best, the next few Drafts need to be spent in the trenches getting good interior linemen, and honestly I would still take Scherff to be the RT.

Hatcher will be better when Colfield gets back and/or we get a true NT.

Don't think this has been posted, but I'd like to point it out:

DeSean Jackson is leading the NFL in YPC, at 20.8, a full yard advantage over the next closest WR, and a huge advantage over any other WR with at least 25 catches.

He's on pace for 1,320 yards and 6 TD's.

Any idea when we'll get Cofield back?  I think the Dline of Cofield, Baker, and Hatcher was dominant.  Espcially when you have Kerrigan and whoever the other OLB is blitzing, as well as a safety or ILB,  Should be a productive group of pass rushers as far as collapsing the pocket no matter how good the Oline is.

Re FAs it's about what positions we didn't fill (O line and secondary). One silver lining of that failure: we then had the cash to afford DJax. Lauvao was a questionable addition.

We continued to short change the O line in the draft by passing on Bitonio and nixing the chance to trade up for Zack Martin. Hopefully Moses and Long are both starters next year. It was disappointing to see Compton beat out Moses at RT. Breeland shows promise but Murphy remains unproven.

Can't even remember how we acquired Colt but that worked out :-).

It's hard not to like the Desean Jackson signing [sidebar: At what point does Philly realize that they made a terrible mistake?].  But my Midseason MVP is Tress Way. 

Going into the season, we had our fingers crossed big time on the Kicking Game.  Now 8 games in, one can reasonably say that the Kicking aspect of our Special Teams is a Team Strength.  His punting has come thru time & again.  When we don't turn the ball over his punting has consistently set The Defense up for success.  Kudos to him.

Archived