Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014/2015 Winter Weather Thread

China

Heavy snow here right now.  Coming down in big wet clumps.  Driveway is covered with about a quarter inch. Current temp here is 34.7 F.  Temp should stay steady all morning, then raise to about 36 after noon and peak at 37 late afternoon. 

TWC says up to 3 inches today before turning to rain this afternoon.  Supposed to snow all morning.  But the rain/snow line is not far south of here - right around DC.

Feds are on time.

Schools are on time. 

Edit @ 7:15:  Temp has dropped slightly.  Snow is finer now.  Accumulation approaching one inch.  Untreated roads are slippery.  Some light cars are unable to get up hills. 

Edit @ 8:40:  Temp steady between 34.3 F and 34.7 F.  Snow now light.  Accumulation one inch.  Main roads are just wet, but some underused roads have accumulation.  Rain/Snow line is just south of the beltway.

do you think the billy goat trail in great falls will be open tmrw?

How can they close the billy goat trail?  It'd be like closing the Potomac River.  They can close Great Falls Park and Carderock.  But I don't know how they can't close the billy goat trail. 

It'll be kinda muddy though, don'tcha think? 

Current temp here 36.1.  Supposed to get down to 28 tonight. 

How can they close the billy goat trail?  It'd be like closing the Potomac River.  They can close Great Falls Park and Carderock.  But I don't know how they can't close the billy goat trail. 

Well they would close the entrance to the park lol.  That's what i really mean.  You are right, it will be super muddy. 

Archived