Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Buffalo Bills are Signing QB Kyle Orton

goskins10

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000386215/article/buffalo-bills-are-signing-qb-kyle-orton

"EJ Manuel could face competition at quarterback in Buffalo after all.The Buffalo Bills are signing free-agent quarterback Kyle Orton, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Friday, per a source informed of the deal...."

This is awesome in that Orton has totally played Jerruh! He clearly wanted out of that circus. He got off the team, kept his money, and still counts against dallast's CAP for $1.1M. And he still gets to play. 

It's a good move by the Bills. They need an experienced starting QB to help bring young EJ Manuel. Orton played well in Chicago before getting benched with a 10-4 record for our near and dear friend Sexy Rexy. He then got a short straw at Denver with the whole tebow circus.

EDIT: Corrected W/L from 10-2 to 10-4.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000386215/article/buffalo-bills-are-signing-qb-kyle-orton

"EJ Manuel could face competition at quarterback in Buffalo after all.The Buffalo Bills are signing free-agent quarterback Kyle Orton, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Friday, per a source informed of the deal...."

This is awesome in that Orton has totally played Jerruh! He clearly wanted out of that circus. He got off the team, kept his money, and still counts against dallast's CAP for $1.1M. And he still gets to play. 

It's a good move by the Bills. They need an experienced starting QB to help bring young EJ Manuel. Orton played well in Chicago befreo geting benched with a 10-2 record for our near and dear friend Sexy Rexy. He then got a short straw at Denver with the whole tebow circus.

the bears benched orton even though they were 10-2..? why? if we were 10-2, i wouldnt bench our starting QB.

the bears benched orton even though they were 10-2..? why? if we were 10-2, i wouldnt bench our starting QB.

Sorry, he was 10-4 - I have corrected it above. Still who replaces someone at 10 - 4. It was said that Grossman could not lose his job due to injury. So Grossman came in during halftime of week 15 (that games goes to Orton as a win for his start) , an eventual win by the Bears. Then Orton sat week 16 for Grossman who beat the packers.They put Orton back in for week 17 since the Bears were in the POs and the game did not matter. In fact they sat a lot  of starters, of which Orton was now not considered one of. Grossman came in a laid an egg against Carolina.

The Bears signed Griese the next off-season and Orton got stashed to 3rd on the depth chart. Please remember, for the longest time (and still could be), Chicago was where QB would to kill their career. He got drafted by them, rushed into starting then had it pulled out even though he was 10-4 as a starter at the time. He then got shipped off to Denver in the Cutler trade.

I've been a big Orton fan ever since we saw him his Rookie Year with the Bears.  I remember we beat the Bears at home, but Orton really impressed me for playing valiantly in defeat.  He had that 'it' to me.  Then the guy became a journeyman!

I hope it works out with Buffalo.  If he finds a team to believe in him, maybe he'll get that career resurgence he deserves.

I hope he finds some success there also. I had season tickets at Purdue when he was there and remember he got pulled in and out of the lineup there too.

The time I knew he was a gamer and good locker room guy was when we were playing Michigan State at MS. We were down by 11 pts in the 4th Q and it was about 39 and drizzling. Orton had not played a few games, 1st because of injury then because they thought Brandon Kirsch was the answer!   Kirsch gets injured and Orton comes in on the q1st play cold and rainy and throws a strike to John Standeford for TD. We came back to win the game with him at QB.

The guy has always been liked in the clubhouse. He was never going to match Drew Brees, but maybe in Buffalo he can get a decent shot if Manuel struggles or gets injured.

I am mostly glad he stuck it to jj  in dallast!!  lol 

Archived