Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What if we threw everydown!!

bayougator

I'm a huge fan of the passing game. As a die hard Marino fan, I've always like the pass and I think you can win w/o a running game... (see Marino's Dolphins).

However, with the protection problems we are having, I would think it would be unwise. You have to mix in some traps and draws to keep the defense on it's toes.

Dammit, Bufford, if you don't start leaving a trail of breadcrumbs every time to you change your handle and make me try to figure out who the heck is talkin', I'm gonna turn that Lachey avatar into a Sybil.

:asta:

Actually, this just seemed like a good time to mention this on GP. Not just Bandit in the sights here, but everybody.

Grumble.

:cool:

Sorta.

With Trung and Betts likely out for this game, I dont see us running the ball very much at all. I see some draws and passed in the flat to Morton and I see some short yardage plays to The Rock. I can see a 70/30 pass to run ratio if not more.

Im more concerned with Coles turf toe, The turf in Dallas will be no help in healing it...

I believe that we have to be able to effectively throw the ball to set up the run in SS' system.

However, with the protection problems (no I don't think its all the lines fault) we can't afford to take very many five and seven step drops. This causes our passing game to shorten up and we start throwing dump offs and check downs.

If SS is really contemplating throwing the ball fifty times this Sunday, he had better figure out a way to counter any blitzes that will surely be coming.

IF and I mean IF we can keep Patrick of the turf at Texas Stadium a ball control offense based around the pass may just work. IMHO the lynchpen to the entire gameplan is to keep Patrick upright and in sync with his receivers. No dropped balls (Gardner) and a few big plays beating the blitzes and we may come out on top. (My fingers are crossed)

Originally posted by DrunkenBoxer

I pray this is not insider information.....

although, I think we would fare better than some suggest. IF our recieers can get open quickly, or if we start connecting on quick fade routes, it could work.

-DB

Drunken Boxer...it would never work.

All it would take is for defenses to start keying in on the passing game. They would play the dime, and mix up zone coverages w/ zone blitzes, and confuse the bejesus out of Ramsey, just before they killed him.

The run is imperative, even if it accomplishes nothing, yardage-wise.

Originally posted by bayougator

Now I want your true opinion.

What will happen in the C-boys game if we throw everydown?

I'd say we need to do the following to get it working:

1. - NO PLAY ACTION.

2. - NO PLAY ACTION.

3. - 3 Step drops - pass.. or throw it away.

4. - Shotgun

5. - Hurry up - no huddle all game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by DrunkenBoxer

I pray this is not insider information.....

although, I think we would fare better than some suggest. IF our recieers can get open quickly, or if we start connecting on quick fade routes, it could work.

-DB

No SH!T! Bayou...did Patrick say something to you when he was over there???? :laugh:

Originally posted by Om

Dammit, Bufford, if you don't start leaving a trail of breadcrumbs every time to you change your handle and make me try to figure out who the heck is talkin', I'm gonna turn that Lachey avatar into a Sybil.

:asta:

Actually, this just seemed like a good time to mention this on GP. Not just Bandit in the sights here, but everybody.

Grumble.

:cool:

Sorta.

Thanks Om! I kept trying to figure out who the heck "Shambles" was!!!:thud:

Only if it includes a lot of bootlegs and screen passes to our RBs to offset the blitz.

I think in any case Patrick is gonna have a big game. Unfortunately, so will the Cowboys' O... :doh:

I think this game will turn into a real high-scoring shootout. If we don't get walloped, it should at least be very fun to watch. Look for Ramses to make our people go and vaunt his stats back into the top 5!

:dallasuck:

Archived