Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What if we threw everydown!!

bayougator

I would like to see us run the hurry up all game, from the shotgun.

All these blitzes teams send? Half of those would be cut out because they can't substitute. Others would be nullified by quick passes.

Let's do it!

And play McCullough. Rock is a worthless midget and Morton is a special teamer only.

While I don't agree with your assessment of Morton and Rock. . . Let's throw Sultan into the fire - give him significant time in the biggest game yet this season. My sense is this is a guy who came in with a chip on his shoulder and is itching to prove he belongs in the league. From what I saw in the preseason, he was trying to silence critics who said he ran soft - he was constantly lowering his pads at the end of his runs and driving for 2-3 extra yards, much like Terry Allen did during his productive years with the 'Skins.

More hurry up? I don't recall seeing any hurry up this season. Not even during what I loosely refer to as the two-minute drill.

I'm all for it though. I think it would ease many of the offensive woes - false starts, countering blitzes. He11, if we're audibling on the line virtually every play, let's just skip the huddle. . .

Even though Patrick is young with a strong arm, throwing it everydown would wear his arm out. Much like using your ace pitcher without any rest between games.

That and the amount of hits he took would take it's toll. Ramsey

is too valuable to open him to that kind of abuse.

The shotgun makes sense, it will allow more time for Patrick to see the rush and not get "blind-sided".

I remember the good old days in FLA when we wanted the other team to blitz so we could pick it up and throw TD passes. Spurrier never cared that much for the shotgun, but he went crazy with it after Nebraska tore him up in '95 and FSU about killed Danny before the championship game.

On another note, before the NC game against FSU, Spurrier missed the wedding of a close friend's son because he had to stay in Gainesville and work on blocking schemes. So yes, he can work on blocking and he will spend the time required!! He just realizes that 18 hour days really doesn't make the difference in the W/L column - 12 hour days, 6 days a week are OK though.

kve

Originally posted by bayougator

Now I want your true opinion.

What will happen in the C-boys game if we throw everydown?

My true opinion is that the final score would be something around 42-14. Ramsey would have 2 TD's and 7 INTs.

Sorry, but you have to run. Oh, and the Cowpies would have at least 20 sacks in the game.

And play McCullough. Rock is a worthless midget and Morton is a special teamer only.

jsichol, I hope you didn't make your address available. a blond tornado is hunting you down...... :laugh: Desparaging the Rock is unhealthy.

A game plan calling for the running game to be abandoned and "throw, throw , throw", will likely end Ramsey's season prematurely.

It allows the D to just tee off and pass rush, without even thinking about the run. Theyre' be no hesitation at all; from the second of the snap the DL and any blitzing would be teed off on Ramsey.

I'd expect at least 5 or 6 sacks, uncounted hits on the QB, probably a fumble or two, and expect a interception or two....

It would probably be downright ugly. VERY ugly. Parcells is no slouch. He'll tear Spurrier a new one if they come in with a defective game plan.

Of course if he went max protect, it could give Ramsey more time. but we're talking spurrier. He'd take out every OL and put in recievers if the league allowed it.

Originally posted by brookboyz25

We'd be peeling Ramsey off the turf at Texas Stadium.

Oh, I don't know. I had visions of trainers with trash-pokers walking around stabbing little pieces of Ramsey and stuffing them into bags. There won't be enough left to "peel".

Seriously, We just can't afford to lose this game. On any front.

Spurrier needs to rally the team and infuse some enthusiasm. Get the team fired up. Has anyone shown him some tape of George Allen during Dallas Week?

Maybe he could get some pointers.

Archived