Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Looking for Redskins bar in Scottsdale, Arizona, plus tailgate for Cardinals game in October?

NaplesSkinsFan

Thanks all for the information so far! It doesn't matter what time the Redskins are on, I've watched them in Hawaii at 7:00 A.M. and in Germany at 3:00 A.M. (Monday night football game time). Also, I have attended Extremeskins.com tailgates in Tampa, Charlotte, and D.C. and would forward to a gathering here for the Cardinals game. Let's get it going soon! HTTR

Cards game is the day after my bday so ill def be there. Think it would be fun to meet up n tailgate as well..The owner of the local skins bar here down in tucson is renting a bus for all patrons going so should be a good sized group.. Did the same when we last played in az in 05. Fun times

I too recently moved to AZ, but from Denver and have been trying to find the same things.  As illone mentioned, that meetup group is pretty good and they are planning a few tailgate parties before the game.  As for bars, I don't know yet, but if you goto RedskinsRally.com and put in AZ it will list out the bars in the area that take part in it.  I live in the Tempe area and would gladly meet for games at one of said RedskinsRally Bars.

When I lived in Scottsdale, I watched the games at Zipps, but that is a regular Sports bar not a 'skins bar. Nowadays I watch the games on Sunday Ticket.

I'm still in the Phoenix area though, so maybe I'll meet up with you at some point. I'll keep tabs on this thread.

I will vouch for Feeney's. Been there many times for games. Smaller, regular crowd with decent food and generous bartender. Owner is a skins fan. Early season games get a little more crowded. I live in Gilbert now and have a young daughter so don't go very often but that was my regular spot for several years.

It just got real for me..  Wasnt planning on buying, just browsing, but found an amazing deal so bought a couple tickets.  Also, for those people who might find interest in such things.  There's a beauty show going on at the Renaissance next door to the stadium that weekend.  Thousands of not ugly girls will be in town.  If that interests any of you  :)

Someone living in the area needs to take charge of this and find an adequate place for all the Skins fans that are going to the game to gather together for a tailgate. Already sounds like a decent crowd will be there, and if we put it on Facebook, guaranteed to find many more in the Burgundy and Gold.

Just got my tickets yesterday. Bringing my 75 year old mom for about my 3rd in-person game ever. Based on the Meetup link at the top of this thread, it looks like they may be on the Great Lawn, just east of the stadium. Can anyone confirm that traditional tailgating is indeed allowed?

Seems like the Great Lawn could get quite crowded. Does the Green lot seem like a good place to meet? It's fairly close and parking should be around $20: http://prod.static.cardinals.clubs.nfl.com/assets/docs/2012/Stadium/Gameday_Parking.pdf

Anyone else coming out from SoCal? I've spent some time with the So Cal Club that used to meet at Mr. Pockets in Manhattan Beach, until this year that is.

Subscribed! :)

• 3 weeks later...

I've got 6 skins fans coming from the midwest for the Phoenix game.  Last year we did the ExtremeSkins tailgate in Green bay and the year before we did Cleveland.  Both times were great, hoping to get together the same type of tailgate in Phoenix.  I've found the best way to get this going is for someone who knows the parking situation to recommend a lot, then everyone be sure to buy parking passes for that lot.   Brush up on your HTTR and the rest falls together pretty easily!

RGIII10! Awesome! This is Steve, was in GB with my wife Linda (we were the couple who had been at the Kohler resort). We're coming for the game, and have a couple good ole friends that we're meeting out there. (Of course, more golf will be played!) Looking forward to partying with you guys again with your wonderful party vehicle!

Hope the MD rep is there, he was tons of fun...and info. See ya in a month!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived