Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

**The great battle for 2nd-3rd string RB**

End2round2sanders

No doubt doing cartwheels down the hallway right now after Redd made the team. ;)  

Unsure how this will work on the depth chart,but it would seem like Redd,being a bit similar to Alfred in his running style,could be used to spell Alfred down the road. As I stated in another thread,I think the biggest concerns now would be Redd's knee history,(good reason why he may have gone undrafted), and his putting the ball on ground from time to time as well.  Right now they look good and he does seem to be that effective between the tackles kind of a guy the pre draft reports said he would be. 

No doubt doing cartwheels down the hallway right now after Redd made the team. ;)

Unsure how this will work on the depth chart,but it would seem like Redd,being a bit similar to Alfred in his running style,could be used to spell Alfred down the road. As I stated in another thread,I think the biggest concerns now would be Redd's knee history,(good reason why he may have gone undrafted), and his putting the ball on ground from time to time as well.  Right now they look good and he does seem to be that effective between the tackles kind of a guy the pre draft reports said he would be. 

I can't even force myself to feel the same way. I mean a 4.70 40 time, knee and fumbling problems, but he can pass block but didn't really catch the ball out of the backfield were his MO, and we cut CT and Seastrunk for a guy with traits that scare the hell out of me. Course he could be just occupying a roster spot and barely, if ever, see the field. Whatever, bring on the season I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't sure where to put it, but thought he deserved mention.

Felt really good for Silas getting some burn and actually burning off the clock and capping it with a TD drive.  Nice running, showed he belonged, and must have been a hell of a day for an undrafted rookie even though for many of us it got lost because it was in "garbage" time.

Wasn't sure where to put it, but thought he deserved mention.

Felt really good for Silas getting some burn and actually burning off the clock and capping it with a TD drive.  Nice running, showed he belonged, and must have been a hell of a day for an undrafted rookie even though for many of us it got lost because it was in "garbage" time.

Great bump, and yes put Silas Redd on the map, he is here to stay. 

I was real happy to see Gruden use the chance to get him some time.

In a blowout, there is really no reason to keep pounding Morris or even Helu, our only hands back, late in the game.

Congrats to the kid. I hope he earned a chance to get into games, I love the change of pace factor in rotations of backs. Morris is great but all teams need more than 1RB.

Silas is not the only one happy that Gruden didn't "Neal Armstrong" the ball on 4th down.   I was stunned, yet thrilled to see Gruden finish off them proper. Foot on the neck. Every single coach in decades past, would be coaching afraid there, usually, afraid of running up the score. Total points/diff is a tiebreaker after all.

It wasn't about stomping them or trying to increase the point differential. It wasn't a gambling conspiracy either as I heard someone say yesterday. The running up the score move would have been to kick the field goal. We couldn't punt from that range. And we could have gotten the first down without scoring. So our only real option was to run on fourth down and 1.) run some more clock over the course of the play, and 2.) hopefully get the first down so we could end the game.

Redd just sprung it for a TD. If we had really been trying to score, we'd have thrown the ball on that down and distance.

Redd made a great play. But the best play would have actually been to go down intentionally before the end zone after getting the first down. That way you can just end the game and nobody else will get hurt. I don't blame him for scoring though. It was his first NFL TD, he's a third stringer, and he was amped up after making some excellent plays.

I do blame Jacksonville's coach for that unnecessary Allen Hurns injury. There was no need for any starter to be in the game at that point and they should have been running the ball or taking knees.

Archived