Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Football Gameplan's 2014 NFL Draft Grades - Washington Redskins

EmDiggy

Thank you emDiggy for putting that together.

Even as optimistic as I am as a fan, an A+ grade seems a bit high though. Then again knowing what the grade is based upon is important. Is it based upon the relative value of the picks taken vs. where "experts" had them going or is it based upon how emDiggy sees the players drafted actually fitting onto this roster?

Don't get me wrong, I believe the Redskins did well with the picks they had but there seemed to be some "reaches" in the cases of Murphy and Long. That said, I actually like those players and how they fit into the Redskins' schemes even if I thought they could've been taken later. Add to that, the fact that Moses slipped to them in the 3rd is a real coup (It's strange, but I would have felt better if the Skins' drafted Moses in the 2nd and Murphy in the 3rd so I suppose it really doesn't matter as long as we have these guys on the roster).

I loved the draft, talent was everywhere that they picked. The fact there were questions about some of the picks is normal and natural to me. There isnt enough spots for all picks to make the team. The picks I liked the most were Seastrunk and Murphy, two guys I believe will make an immediate impact on the team. The Redskins added the nations top sack leader without a first round pick who walks in as the teams 4th best pass rusher. Foles and the rest of the NFL are going to have a hell of a time defending him, Rak, Ryan, and Hatcher. I expect Murphy to potentially break out from the starting gate for DROY, its only a matter of time until the rest of the NFL wakes up to this pass rush

I dont expect that Grant or any of the pass catchers to do much until the middle late season. It takes time for players to learn how to play at this high of a level of competition. Moses who was taken after the trade back with the Cowboys should eventually become the bookend for Griffin and protecting him should and was the top priority for this teams draft.

I enjoyed the video and appreciate you posting it. Keep up the good work

Archived