Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

China on course to become 'world's most Christian nation' within 15 years

Zguy28

It's quite funny how every Christian thread Alexey loves to come in and derail the whole topic.

BTW, just form a mod viewpoint, your post seems to have no purpose than to "start something."   

It's ironic that such posts are literally nothing but distraction (and qualify for a brief ban too if we wanted to be technical---it should be a post in the feedback forum). What these posts do is mainly encourage the kind of derail they protest and they are truly an opinion and not related to the topic.

Not applying this to 757 because I don't know his posting that well, but when people make comments about other people here, much of the time and in most cases, it is often more wispy and personality-based than some accurate summary.

It's quite typical for some folks to see things only or mostly "one way", or just the "parts" they "want" (selective focus/bias) to see, and a number of other folks to see it different from both their own biases' influence, as well as sometimes having valid objective reasons. Sort of like with any topic at hand. 

For instance, a number of members see alexy as being constantly "ganged up on", or harassed (even stalked according to a couple), and often being insulted by others, whereas he never insults (that one mods do see at times, but not enough to throw a flag).

Obviously, the staff feels alexy's not been overly abused to date since we have not made a point of addressing that, but it is another reminder that there are usually at least  "two sides" (durrr) to most everything.

Others on staff have agreed on all this more than once, and we do not fit into one box. To be specific in a manner we do only at our discretion, alexy has been remanded by me in the past when it was called for, as has PeterMP for that matter, not that it's necessary for anyone to know. alexy since has not engaged in any rule violation, including matters of derailing, though it is watched as are most things on the board, even with our increasingly limited time.

IMV, he's become as deft as avoiding missteps mod/rules-wise as twa and larry have at skinning each other's hides without getting a penalty :D  (although I think I gave larry a brief time out once).

Some of alexy's "adversaries" have come closer to having an issue than he has, and more than once, on the personalized stuff, and in some cases while fully participating in what they call "derailing." 

And when he posts, one of the more interesting things I see, is other guys repeatedly engage him while crying about him "derailing" when they're with him step-for-step. Golly. Well, keep it up. The staff here will do what they think should be done, and we do listen to you all as part of making our calls. But "you guys" are no more on the same page about this stuff than most anything else.

Just as we regularly remind--and in reference, most famously about the original MSF--no one is forced to engage in conservation with anyone. We used to constantly remind people about the "ignore" feature but many prefer the "**** about it" option. :lol: Even if someone is posting derailing (say in a non-trolling manner) content and a mod's not around or they doen't agree, "derailing" can't occur if others don't play.

Now, with a more topical comment, people who are non-Christian deal with all sorts of incidents where members "bringing up their religious beliefs" (no diff) in one way or another all the time in topics and discussions that aren't directly connected to Christianity, though I refer here to what are usually brief events as the "non-Christians" don't tend to jump on them when they do it and keep it rolling as a true derail. My thanks for that, at least. :lol:

Just like Zguy popped into a thread about "amazing monkeys starting fires" to only post a "isn't God wonderful" post. No non-Christians jumped on him and extended a derail. No non-Christians PM'ed me.

"Bringing Christianity" into many topics/threads that aren't about Christianity, or even religion or even anything close at times, of course is a kind of thing that happens on ES 24/7/365 and in life, given our culture. But non-Christians deal with it.

But even all that that's just a tip of an iceberg, and we aren't going to derail the thread with it (commenting further on this post).

People may want to tell their friends that as well as heeding what TK pinned in here, we may have to start passing out vacations if the feedback forum is not used properly.

If someone said they are a member of a gym and they only went to it twice a year, would you be able to not make a joke about that?

I can make a joke about a lot of things...quite honestly the amount of times you goto a building means nothing about commitment....what you do outside that building is just as important. I can point to a few people I know who goto church religiously (no pun intended), and preach and preach and preach...but outside that building, and when you watch what they do instead of listen to their voice...tells a whole different story.

I know what Jesus said about committment to the kingdom of God, but what about you? What do you think?

Just quoted ya, because I answered your question in my answer to someone else....besides...I think you already know what I think...lol we've had this discussion many...many times before ;)

I can make a joke about a lot of things...quite honestly the amount of times you goto a building means nothing about commitment....what you do outside that building is just as important. I can point to a few people I know who goto church religiously (no pun intended), and preach and preach and preach...but outside that building, and when you watch what they do instead of listen to their voice...tells a whole different story.

Just quoted ya, because I answered your question in my answer to someone else....besides...I think you already know what I think...lol we've had this discussion many...many times before ;)

Its been awhile though. I've missed you. :) The New Testament teaches that those who are committed disciples of Jesus will/should seek fellowship with other disciples.

I totally agree. 

I came across this today on sacredspace.ie

"But to experience the life that comes from God through Jesus we have to believe in him, open ourselves to him, give our whole selves to him in deep faith and trust."

Just going to church every week isn't living this and neither is just being a "good person".  It's giving our whole selves.

Its been awhile though. I've missed you. :) The New Testament teaches that those who are committed disciples of Jesus will/should seek fellowship with other disciples.

Exactly...but does that mean you need to be in a structure? Would you consider a field a church? ;)

I totally agree. 

I came across this today on sacredspace.ie

"But to experience the life that comes from God through Jesus we have to believe in him, open ourselves to him, give our whole selves to him in deep faith and trust."

Just going to church every week isn't living this and neither is just being a "good person".  It's giving our whole selves.

See...now you need to define " whole self" lol

Exactly...but does that mean you need to be in a structure? Would you consider a field a church? ;)

See...now you need to define " whole self" lol

I consider people a church. A building just happens to be where a church meets. And yes, the New Testament does teach a structure with elders (includes pastors & teachers) and deacons.

I consider people a church. A building just happens to be where a church meets. And yes, the New Testament does teach a structure with elders (includes pastors & teachers) and deacons.

Lol yeah you already know I think there was some biased information in the New Testament...I mean... If people were allowed to gather anywhere to worship Jesus on their own....then...who would fill the collection plates.... ;)

And just an FYI....I pay my building dues weekly ;)

Lol yeah you already know I think there was some biased information in the New Testament...I mean... If people were allowed to gather anywhere to worship Jesus on their own....then...who would fill the collection plates.... ;)

And just an FYI....I pay my building dues weekly ;)

I remember how you feel. I don't feel its biased in any negative sense. Its just truth. I've been part of house churches and big churches. There is always collection for the common good of the church and for the surrounding community. Some things may take different forms, but the principle of selfless giving is still there. If folks are stingy, that doesn't speak well of their status with the Almighty, eh?

China accused of anti-Christian campaign as church demolition begins

Demolition teams began destroying parts of a Chinese church that has become a symbol of resistance to the Communist Party’s draconian clutch on religion, activists and witnesses said on Monday.

Sanjiang church in Wenzhou, a wealthy coastal city known as the "Jerusalem of the East", made headlines earlier this month when thousands of Christians formed a human shield around its entrance afterplans for its demolition were announced.

Church members accused Communist leaders in Zhejiang province of ordering an anti-church crackdown and claimed there were plans to completely or partially demolish at least 10 places of worship.

Officials rejected those accusations, alleging the church had violated building codes.

Click on the link for the full article

I remember how you feel. I don't feel its biased in any negative sense. Its just truth. I've been part of house churches and big churches. There is always collection for the common good of the church and for the surrounding community. Some things may take different forms, but the principle of selfless giving is still there. If folks are stingy, that doesn't speak well of their status with the Almighty, eh?

This is where the mis-understanding is...when I say biased you think I mean every die hard Christian...I don't....I mean the ones that had the protests against them ;)

Archived