Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014 Defense-Jim Haslett Interview on ESPN980 Feb13

darrelgreenie

I don't have to listen to Haslett and what he has to say because he isn't very good. But lets say that Shanahan did hamper him a bit and made him play a different style of defense, wouldn't that make you wonder if Shanahan lack confidence in him. Maybe for good reason. Shanahan ddn't hamper him in St.Louis, New Orleans or anywhere else he coached defense at and he stunk up the joint. So HAslett can say what he wants but his record as a DC is horrendous. His defense will be no better this year than last year especially with him at the helm.

You say Haslett I say Has-letdown!

Haslett isn't even an average d-coordinator.  Average would be a major upgrade to this defense, one I would be extremely satisfied with given the past 4 years of lousy defense.  I'd love for him to turn it around but his words mean nothing, I could say the same thing doesn't mean any of it will come true.  I think we will be slightly improved but only because we will probably have a little more talent and guys will have been in the scheme another year together. 

Haslett is the lone reason I can never see this team being a consistent winner.  No player development or playing to players strengths.  This is just offseason banter that sounds good but when the live bullets fly, we got Orakpo in zone coverage and the CB's 7 yards off on 3rd and 4....tiger cant change its stripes

Absolutely.  Haslett was the one guy I could do without going to into 2014, but he is who he is.  I don't care if the guy won't have Shanahan looking over his shoulder.  The guy SUCKS out loud as a DC and it will probably be the same old **** on defense in 2014.

Can't help but wonder what Wade Phillips would have been able to do with Coefield and Baker rotating at NT, Orakpo and Kerrigan bringing it from the edges.  Haslett just doesn't inspire me that he will ever out coach or call a competent opponent so we need to stack this D with talent if we want it to be good.

Of course if we do actually get words of an OL turned into an actual OL just about any DC will look good with Griffin tearing it up :)

Archived