Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HTTR 24/7: Mike Shanahan's brilliant last act as Redskins coach; making everyone forget he sucked

Boss_Hogg

as I recall the ****storm really started when word came down he would be a 3-4 nt.. then the conditioning test saga.

I think old worthless let it be known he was not gonna be a nt, and shanny said yes you damn well will be.. and the ensuing battle was painful to watch.

No it started under Zorn.

My point is it was a garbage dump when he got here and it's a garbage dump when he leaves.

You are correct, he didn't fix it.  Shanny sucked as a coach and GM and didn't fix it.

The reason I posted is people were trying to blame Haynesworth, Rodgers, and Landry on Shanny.  There is a lot to blame Shanny for, but don't make up lies and forget what we are, the joke of the NFL.  Shanny inherited cancer, and he leaves the team with cancer.  Did Shanny cause the cancer in the first place?  No.  Did he fix anything?  No.  So now Shanny gets to leave and we still have cancer.

Again, I wasn't blaming all those players on Shanny, I just said that there was a PUBLIC BATTLE with all of them for one reason or another.

Again, I wasn't blaming all those players on Shanny, I just said that there was a PUBLIC BATTLE with all of them for one reason or another.

You are correct.  There was a public battle with lots of players with EVERY coach of this franchise.  There has also been RUMORS of arguments with lots of coaches and assistants with Danny for EVERY coaching staff he has managed.

So Mike Shanny isn't any different than what we have experienced with every coach.

lol MORE leaks..

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/sports/Kyle-Shanahan-May-Be-at-Center-of-Redskins-Coaching-Drama-235287111.html

There's reason to believe that Kyle Shanahan is what is driving Mike Shanahan to want out as head coach of the Washington Redskins, a couple of strong sources within the organization told News4 Sports.

Mike said there would be more leaks..lol

My point is it was a garbage dump when he got here and it's a garbage dump when he leaves.

You are correct, he didn't fix it.  Shanny sucked as a coach and GM and didn't fix it.

The reason I posted is people were trying to blame Haynesworth, Rodgers, and Landry on Shanny.  There is a lot to blame Shanny for, but don't make up lies and forget what we are, the joke of the NFL.  Shanny inherited cancer, and he leaves the team with cancer.  Did Shanny cause the cancer in the first place?  No.  Did he fix anything?  No.  So now Shanny gets to leave and we still have cancer.

i think i agree with that. i dont blame shanny for al, etc.

maybe a silver lining is that we may have our franchise QB now. hopefully, anyway. 

i think i agree with that. i dont blame shanny for al, etc.

maybe a silver lining is that we may have our franchise QB now. hopefully, anyway. 

I do think there is a silver lining.

I think the truth is whoever takes control next year will have a decent QB, WR, RB, and TE foundation to start with.  They will have a blank slate to work with.  I think our defense and special teams can only improve.  With some modest upgrades to offense, we should be able to compete with everyone in our division.

True, Shanny did say more leaks are coming.  Looks like he saves his best stuff for the national reporters for the Sunday pregame show.  Lets see if we can guess the next one.   They had the perfect game plan in store for KC but RG3's father along with Danny insisted on calling the plays for the first quarter and then the game got out of hand.   Maybe its the players are incensed because Danny had the Redskins chef prepare RG3 special surf and turf pregame meals while the rest of the team was served Mac and cheese. 

Archived