Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Response To Pres. Obama's Comments

I was absolutely shocked that he commented on this.  I know it's just a statement on "what he would do if he were the owner", but he had almost made a point of staying out of our name business. 

He's the POTUS.  He's allowed to say "no comment"... or my favorite response of his so far..."Jobs, middle class, growth." :D

Hail!

Mr. President Obama (and anyone else who want to change the name of the Washington Redskins). May I suggest that you open your check book and pay about $2 Billion dollars to the owner (if he agrees, if not keep adding zero's until he does, he is after all a businessman) and when the deal closes, you are free to change the name to anything you like. Until then, I think you would agree that you would not want someone changing the name of your kids just because just because a few people didn't like them. The Owner is the only one who has that right!

Lanny Davis?  That Lanny Davis, Bill Clinton's old White House aide?  I had no idea Dan Snyder had him on retainer.

As for Obama's comment, is anyone really surprised?  He's the leader of a thoroughly P.C. political party.  Of course, he supports a change of the name -- because all his old, politically-correct Ivy League buddies support it.

A Redskin name change is about as ridiculous as forcing the Pittsburgh Pirates, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Minnesota Vikings to change their names. Because after all their nicknames must also mean that the fans of Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay and Minnesota take pride in representing and associating their cities and teams with pirates, buccaneers and vikings, which raped, murdered, stole and pillaged other people in history. 

And if we are going to use the same screwball reasoning for everyone, then it must mean that the Pittsburgh fans are proud and hold in high esteem all pirates everywhere, especially those of Somalia who are currently high-jacking ships and murdering people in East Africa. Why else would the people of Pittsburgh have chosen the name Pirates, when we know there have never been any pirates sailing around and pillaging the Pittsburgh area? So if the 80 year-old Redskin name is offensive, then the name Pirates would also be offensive to all people of Somali descent, because it casts this ethnic group in a bad light.

And while we are at it, lets also force the Oakland Raiders to change their helmets and remove the eye patch and dagger from the teeth of the raider logo. For doesn’t this indicate their fans are also proud of raiders and pirates of disrepute, who murdered and pillaged other people? And why are the fans of Minnesota cheering for the Vikings, who in their early history were murderers and cutthroats. Shouldn’t ethnic groups that were victims of Vikings of Scandinavian descent be offended by this name? 

For as everyone will recall when the Godfather movie was released, all Italian-Americans were ready to march on Washington, because they claimed it made all Italian-Americans look like they were associated with mafia gangsters. But of course the Godfather movie did not change its name, because those of us with any real common sense knew differently.

The Redskin name has been around for 80 years. Snyder should just ignore these ignorant people.

Dan Snyder : Please don't let the politically correct people when this battle . I've been a redskins fan ever since i seen the Indian on the helmet of our team . I loved it , that's why I'm a Redskin fan . It is not a hateful word our anything like that , and on my job i pass many Indians , and guess what Sir ....They are mostly Redskins fans , and if they are not , they always say there family members are . Please Sir don't give in ..You are our only hope . Don't kill us

Dan The Man Snyder! Thank you for posting your very beautiful letter on this subject. It makes me even more proud to be part of the Redskins Nation. I Have been a fan long before L.T. Broke Joes leg. Again Thank you.  Hail Redskins!   Art Monk for president!

i take it everyone received an email from our owner ,i thought it was very well said  and it made me think back to the first time i viewed a Redskin game ,i was 6 yrs old ,my dad said sit and watch this  ,i did but a 6 yr old attention is 5 mins at best it was until 9 years old i knew what football was   when coach Lombardi just took the team but it was when coach Allen when really understood what was going on and the rest is history fan for 43 yrs +

I served in the Navy and I took orders from the Leader In Chief should we change that name because the US did Indians so wrong how can our leader be named after their leader? (Chief)When I was a kid (goat?), should we change that name also ? I lived on a farm and watched cowboys slaughter our live stock , hay lets get rid of the cowboys.Or better yet lets focus on problems at hand instead of causing problems maybe that's what a President should be doing, that sounds better to me. this was ment to sound stupid, just like us even having this talk . there is much more issues at hand that could be at the forecourt (like opening up the offices of the government). America needs to get a clue, we are loosing it.

signed:

BM3 once was proud

why would Pres.Obama comment on this,doesn't he have enough to worry about ,gov. shut down ,his stupid Obama care .comments on job growth ,the trillions of dollars the gov is in the hole .

he just had to take shot our teams name !!!

He was asked a direct question by several reporters while trying to discuss the budgetary mess the tea party idiots have thrown this country into. Let's not confuse taking a shot at our team with simply responding to a question he was asked in another press conference. He was asked a question and he answered. Also, all he said was if he were the owner he would consider it. That's all, nothing more. 

"His Stupid Obama Care" was voted on and approved by all 3 branches of the government and is law. BTW: The principals of the law were put in place in Mass. under Romney and were developed by republicans and it's working fine there. Also, if you look at the real data health care costs in general are already coming down. Yes premiums are still going up, but they were going up no matter what happened. Over time they will come down also. 

As for job growth, when he took office the economy was losing 650k jobs a month. It is now creating on average of 180k jobs. Look at the statistics yourself. His administration did that in one year - http://useconomy.about.com/od/economicindicators/a/Job-Stats.htm

My point is they are two different topics. The one that should be discussed on this page is the name change which is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. I hope Dan Snyder never relents and keeps the Washington Redskins name. I will wear the burgundy an gold even more proudly than before. 

He was asked a direct question by several reporters while trying to discuss the budgetary mess the tea party idiots have thrown this country into. Let's not confuse taking a shot at our team with simply responding to a question he was asked in another press conference. He was asked a question and he answered. Also, all he said was if he were the owner he would consider it. That's all, nothing more. 

"His Stupid Obama Care" was voted on and approved by all 3 branches of the government and is law. BTW: The principals of the law were put in place in Mass. under Romney and were developed by republicans and it's working fine there. Also, if you look at the real data health care costs in general are already coming down. Yes premiums are still going up, but they were going up no matter what happened. Over time they will come down also. 

As for job growth, when he took office the economy was losing 650k jobs a month. It is now creating on average of 180k jobs. Look at the statistics yourself. His administration did that in one year - http://useconomy.about.com/od/economicindicators/a/Job-Stats.htm

My point is they are two different topics. The one that should be discussed on this page is the name change which is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. I hope Dan Snyder never relents and keeps the Washington Redskins name. I will wear the burgundy an gold even more proudly than before. 

hail goskins, i agree the name change and the rest of the political horse***** should be kept separate .

basically i was refering to how much Obama care was going to cost the little guy and its ridiculous 100 $ a month or more  and on top of that if you don't have health ins by tax time 2014 you will be fined  and the IRS (infernal racketeering service) will be collecting it  so the little guy gets ***** no matter what either he gets insurance he can't afford or he gets the shaft from the IRS!!!

job growth is debatable  on a broad scale it may be looking good but down at the little guy level try telling that **** to the person thats was kicked to the curb and unemployment runs out and bills piling up can't get a job for one reason or another being  over/under qualified  etc...but again i agree these political issues should be on another thread and the name issue should be discussed here 

there has been many threads on several message boards on the name change hailredskins  cherokee forum had 2 one about UnWise Mike and another titled" not this again" redskins.com had several  ,i think  hogshaven that a couple also

they ALL basically said the same thing mirroring what Snyder said and said heatedly "NO NAME CHANGE " but jokingly offered alot of  alternatives for names !!!

would like to know who was the ******* that asked the question to Obama in the first place it shouldn't even been brought up in that type of forum !!!!

He was asked a direct question by several reporters while trying to discuss the budgetary mess the tea party idiots have thrown this country into. Let's not confuse taking a shot at our team with simply responding to a question he was asked in another press conference. He was asked a question and he answered. Also, all he said was if he were the owner he would consider it. That's all, nothing more

Hail Goskins, I would love to have a long chat about the budget issues where I can outline many reasons that have nothing at all to do with tea party members. I'm no tea party guy myself because there are some areas that I feel only government can oversee effectively. Tea Party members are just another fringe group like the progressives. Both fail to compromise on most anything. However, as the fiscal republican in me; I'm aware that the budget mess has as much to do with an oversized and costly government attempting to regulate too much and tax too much as any other reason someone can come up with. On the government shutdown, the House has the constitutional right to control government spending whichh includes limiting spending of the ACA. And they are right and justified to request spending on specific areas of government over the uncompromising approach the Democrats have with an all or nothing approach on funding the government. This is how we should be financing government where we isolate the projects that are most needed and fund first and IF there is money left over for less worthy projects then allocate funds there. Okay, I'll stop it right there since we are not here to debate our poorly dysfunctional government.

As for Obama, I agree he was just asked a question. And I have no issue with his response since that is just an opinion that will change nothing. However, it was a baited question that he could have refrained from answering. So I understand the backlash he is receiving now since it was unavoidable with a simple “no comment” response.

As for job growth, when he took office the economy was losing 650k jobs a month. It is now creating on average of 180k jobs. Look at the statistics yourself. His administration did that in one year - http://useconomy.abo...a/Job-Stats.htm

Factor in there was a historically major recession at the time and that most jobs being replaced are part time work or jobs where Americans are not making the salaries they use to ...well the Obama led job growth is not all that rosy. Just look at the true number of unemployed out there in this country today. Not just the figure that counts people who are actively looking for employment but the ones that have given up. What you see is a real issue with job growth that doesn't look to be getting better anytime soon regardless of who is president.

Sorry but I don't see where Obama has down such a great job getting jobs back into this country. While he may be critized incorrectly at times, he has hardly been the savior as a leader that we need in this country.

Hail Goskins, I would love to have a long chat about the budget issues where I can outline many reasons that have nothing at all to do with tea party members. I'm no tea party guy myself because there are some areas that I feel only government can oversee effectively. Tea Party members are just another fringe group like the progressives. Both fail to compromise on most anything. However, as the fiscal republican in me; I'm aware that the budget mess has as much to do with an oversized and costly government attempting to regulate too much and tax too much as any other reason someone can come up with. On the government shutdown, the House has the constitutional right to control which includes limiting spending by government. And they are right and justified to request spending on specific areas of government over the uncompromising approach the Democrats have with an all or nothing approach on funding the government. Okay, I'll stop it right there since we are not here to debate our poorly dysfunctional government.

As for Obama, I agree he was just asked a question. And I have no issue with his response since that is just an opinion that will change nothing. However, it was a baited question that he could have refrained from answering. So I understand the backlash he is receiving now since it was unavoidable with a simple “no comment” response.

I will offer one response and leave it alone because of some of the misinformation. 

Yes they have this constitutional right, but it was not meant to be done purely for political maneuvering protecting egos. They lost or Health Care and they don;t like it so they acting like babies! If they really cared about reeling in spending, they should have gone after the debt ceiling. For example I would have proposed for every $1 the debt ceiling is raised, there must be $2 in spending cuts then work to identify where. But instead they attacked one particular law. Sorry, it's political grandstanding, not exercising their rights and it's horrific. 

With all due respect hail - the jobs numbers are what they are. Yes there are still people out of work that want to work, but should we go back to the policies that created massive erosion of those jobs? You really want to go back to losing 650k jobs a month? President Obama was not in office when that started. 

As for the $100 health insurance fines/premiums, I just don't have the time to go through all the misinformation there other than to say, the number of people who will actually pay that fine are like less than 0.5% of the tax payers and those people are the ones causing your premiums to stay high by not carrying insurance and then using the health care system. 

BTW: He tried to say no comment but the media would not let it go. 

OK, I am done i promise. We should meet at a bar sometime and get good and drunk and discuss. We can solve all the worlds problems and have good time doing so!    :-)  

Factor in there was a historically major recession at the time and that most jobs being replaced are part time work or jobs where Americans are not making the salaries they use to ...well the Obama led job growth is not all that rosy. Just look at the true number of unemployed out there in this country today. Not just the figure that counts people who are actively looking for employment but the ones that have given up. What you see is a real issue with job growth that doesn't look to be getting better anytime soon regardless of who is president.

Sorry but I don't see where Obama has down such a great job getting jobs back into this country. While he may be critized incorrectly at times, he has hardly been the savior as a leader that we need in this country.

Ok, I lied. One more since you called it out specifically. You would prefer to go back to losing 650k jobs a month? Also, the part time jobs or full time jobs are driven by business not the government. But again, the country was losing 650k jobs a month when he took office!  That is a fact not in debate. The economy is now gaining almost 200k jobs a month! Again a fact! I am sorry they are not all $80k/yr white collar jobs. But this is more a reality of the times. Business and need dictate that. More over, the problems were 24 years in the making. You are not going to make it all perfect in 8 very short years. 

Last but not least, I never said he did a great job. But I do get tired of selective memories and giving him zero credit for anything positive and then killing him over anything that is even perceived wrong. He has certainly done a better job than W. 

OK, back to football!   We have to beat those dirty cowpokes!!   The question is, is dal lasts offense that good or denvers D that bad? I think it's a little of both. The key is demarco murray. If he is healthy and plays well it could be a rough day. 

We need to do what we did last year at the end of the season, run, run, run, and run some more. Keep dummo on the sideline and tired that d of theirs out. 

We win and we are back in things. Lose and it's a long road back, almost too far. 

Last but not least, I never said he did a great job. But I do get tired of selective memories and giving him zero credit for anything positive

He has been on talk shows more then any other Presidents , is that one for the GOOD?

He stinks the country should be renamed to the United States of China.

back to our team, We are going to win out end the season at 13 and 3 go to the Super Bowl and OWN that also.

RG3 was just baiting the Cowgirls he is coming out Sunday night without the knee brace and own EM!

This we all can unite on still because we all know the 1st this wrong with this country is we can't unite anymore that's why we are in the state we are in. So on this one thing Keep the name and lets kick some _ _ _!

Archived