Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Csn: Hankerson On Pace For Career Year Aka A Hankering For Hankerson,

SWFLSkins

There was so much wrong I couldn't get to all of it, so I wanted to address just this above. Ok whose numbers are whose? 

TOTAL 43 502 11.7 54 7 1 1 1.0 1 0 0 0

Height: 6-2   Weight: 210   Age: 24

TOTAL 66 891 13.5 68 5 2 5 2.5 3 0 0 0

Height: 6-2   Weight: 211   Age: 24

Briscoe is up top and he did it in one season in Tampa at 22 years old.

More touchdowns (6) in one season than Hank has in 3.  Like I said, more established.

Briscoe is noticeably bigger on the field.  

And he is hungry.  

You don't see anything wrong with Hank pulling a cop out after every catch?  I cant root for that, sorry.

He has done better this season.  Hope it continues

More touchdowns (6) in one season than Hank has in 3. Like I said, more established.

And he is hungry.

You don't see anything wrong with Hank pulling a cop out after every catch? I cant root for that, sorry.

He has done better this season. Hope it continues

Briscoe? Established?!? Lol...

There is a reason why Dezmon has been a bubble player for 3 teams...and it's not because he is more established than Hank...

As far as being more hungry and being bigger on the field...I'm not quite sure how you can measure those statistics and compare them to Hank when...you know...the dude doesn't play. He literally had 2 receptions last year. TWO.

Hank is continuing to develop into a solid player for us and I look forward to him continuing to do so. Comparing Hank to Briscoe and concluding that Briscoe is the better receiver...madness...straight madness and completely nonsensical.

More touchdowns (6) in one season than Hank has in 3.  Like I said, more established.

And he is hungry.  

You don't see anything wrong with Hank pulling a cop out after every catch?  I cant root for that, sorry.

He has done better this season.  Hope it continues

You my friend are wrong, if Briscoe had so much potential ask yourself two questions, Why did Tampa not see it and cut him, and Why can't he get on the field here in Washington. Do you really think you know more than professional Coaches in two different NFL camps? Watch the video from last year, he did fight to get more YAC on most catches, you're assessment is wrong.

and how is someone more established when their career numbers are lower? How is someone noticeably bigger when they are the same size. Briscoe can't beat out Morgan, he can't beat out Aldrick and has not beaten out Hank, so what you are saying is that the Coaches don't know what they are doing. lol.

Hank thankfully is working for professionals with an inkling of what they are doing. Hank followed this same path at Miami, he is a hard worker and will work to improve his entire game wherever he see a need. 

I haven't been impressed with hankerson or morgan, they both have been mediocre, hence why they both share time at the #2 spot. Personally I would love to find a stud #1 and move garcon to the #2 spot but then again 90% of the league would also love to find a stud #1. lol  :)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2013/09/25/competition-continues-but-hankerson-could-be-pulling-away-from-morgan/

Thanks for adding such positive vibes to any and every player discussion thread we have here.You don't bust all the receiving records at Da U if you can't ball. The guy had major hop surgery, and he's becoming a very solid piece for us. Why is that so hard to acknowledge and be happy about?

Well Colt Brennan busted ALL NCAA passing records and he can't get a job as a waterboy in the NFL.

College and Professional Football are totally different. Some guys don't 'turn on' when they get to the NFL. Plus, Hankerson 'dropped' in the draft because he has trouble making catches (hence the juggling videos).

I can only wish we weren't having this discussion about a Redskin receiver, but the pattern holds strong...

Well Colt Brennan busted ALL NCAA passing records and he can't get a job as a waterboy in the NFL.

College and Professional Football are totally different. Some guys don't 'turn on' when they get to the NFL. Plus, Hankerson 'dropped' in the draft because he has trouble making catches (hence the juggling videos).

I can only wish we weren't having this discussion about a Redskin receiver, but the pattern holds strong...

WTF does Colt Brennan have to do with Hank getting starts now? The pattern holds strong? Hank is ranked 48th in dropped passes per http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr Guess who is ranked 50th? how about 61st? 

WTF does Colt Brennan have to do with Hank getting starts now? The pattern holds strong? Hank is ranked 48th in dropped passes per http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr Guess who is ranked 50th? how about 61st?

Calm down...

I was responding to another post, where he or she mentioned NCAA records. My response is that NCAA records don't necessarily dictate the type of NFL player one becomes.

Hank is not there yet and he may never be.

Its bout time you stop 'befriending the Thanksgiving turkey' when it come to guys at this level.

You my friend are wrong, if Briscoe had so much potential ask yourself two questions, Why did Tampa not see it and cut him, and Why can't he get on the field here in Washington. Do you really think you know more than professional Coaches in two different NFL camps? Watch the video from last year, he did fight to get more YAC on most catches, you're assessment is wrong.

and how is someone more established when their career numbers are lower? How is someone noticeably bigger when they are the same size. Briscoe can't beat out Morgan, he can't beat out Aldrick and has not beaten out Hank, so what you are saying is that the Coaches don't know what they are doing. lol.

Hank thankfully is working for professionals with an inkling of what they are doing. Hank followed this same path at Miami, he is a hard worker and will work to improve his entire game wherever he see a need. 

1. Shanahan is bias towards draft picks.  Niles Paul over Cooley? bahahaha ok

2. Hank did not fight for yards every time.  I'm not the only one who sees it.  Who goes out of bounds on a screen pass!?

3. Briscoe has more TD's in the NFL.  My argument isn't necessarily that Briscoe is worlds better talent wise.  I would just rather have someone in there whose hungry than watch Hank do the Randle El.  

Hank is doing better this season.

I don't get how you could watch the video from last year and not shake your head.  Several perfectly placed balls, A ridiculously awkward runner with the football.  Danny on the radio referred to him running "flailing like a Dying giraffe!"

No one is against a player that comes to the skins.  Everyone hopes for the best, but there is definitely plenty of times where you have to be disappointed in Hank. 

ZERO true standout plays by Hank.  Not a single play makes me go WOW he is the real deal.  Multiple mistakes

1. Shanahan is bias towards draft picks.  Niles Paul over Cooley? bahahaha ok

2. Hank did not fight for yards every time.  I'm not the only one who sees it.  Who goes out of bounds on a screen pass!?

3. Briscoe has more TD's in the NFL.  My argument isn't necessarily that Briscoe is worlds better talent wise.  I would just rather have someone in there whose hungry than watch Hank do the Randle El.  

Hank is doing better..

Don't leave out jumping to the ground in the fetal position rather than face a defender and get extra yards.

I think that Bruce should have receiver(s) on his draft board.

The only pattern holding strong is your ability to take a postitive and spin it into a negative. Hank is playing werll for us right now. Why spin that any other way? He was a 3rd round pick, not a top 10 pick. If you can't recogzine the difference in breaking QB records at Hawaii and breaking receiving records at Da U, then the joke is on you.

And I recognize the difference in college sports and pro sports. I also tend to recognize arguments that are made by people who have never put on a pair of shoulder pads.

Hank has made strides this year. The coaches have even said as much. Why not be happy about it instead of praying that he drops a pass so you can say "I told you so." He keeps his mouth shut, is a good teammate, and whether people see it or not, he is turning the corner. 

Hank finished strong at Miami. I hope he finishes strong here. And I hope you enjoy it.

Don't leave out jumping to the ground in the fetal position rather than face a defender and get extra yards.

I think that Bruce should have receiver(s) on his draft board.

exactly.  Unacceptable

How would you run with the football if someone gave you millions of dollars?

exactly.  Unacceptable

How would you run with the football if someone gave you millions of dollars?

I would atleast act like I ain't scared. lol

I've watched Pee-wee and College football and I haven't seen anyone do that unless they trip and was afraid of the ensuing dog pile.

The only pattern holding strong is your ability to take a postitive and spin it into a negative. Hank is playing werll for us right now. Why spin that any other way? He was a 3rd round pick, not a top 10 pick. If you can't recogzine the difference in breaking QB records at Hawaii and breaking receiving records at Da U, then the joke is on you.And I recognize the difference in college sports and pro sports. I also tend to recognize arguments that are made by people who have never put on a pair of shoulder pads.Hank has made strides this year. The coaches have even said as much. Why not be happy about it instead of praying that he drops a pass so you can say "I told you so." He keeps his mouth shut, is a good teammate, and whether people see it or not, he is turning the corner. Hank finished strong at Miami. I hope he finishes strong here. And I hope you enjoy it.

Stick to the subject man. This ain't about you or me. They ban real easy around here; watch your attitude.

We are talking about a guy that none of us knows.

Anyways I hope that someday Hank will be able to help this team.

I've watched Pee-wee and College football and I haven't seen anyone do that unless they trip and was afraid of the ensuing dog pile.

Stick to the subject man. This ain't about you or me. They ban real easy around here; watch your attitude.

"Someday" is here. You just haven't accepted it yet. 

My contribution to the Redskins community

The video: The Legend of Sean

now stfu

I appreciate any positive contributions around here. But comparing Briscoe to Hankerson is laughable at best. 

Take off the glasses

Anyone can drop footballs

Briscoe at 22 yrs old > Hank at 23

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6KwYgajt24

Which is why Briscoe has been a valued member of 3 teams so far and would have been cut if not for an "injury" that enabled the team to put him on IR.

This debate is asinine.

Hank is a solid player for us that is continuing to develop as a receiver at this level. I look forward to his continued growth.

Which is why Briscoe has been a valued member of 3 teams so far and would have been cut if not for an "injury" that enabled the team to put him on IR.

This debate is asinine.

Hank is a solid player for us that is continuing to develop as a receiver at this level. I look forward to his continued growth.

His video is better.  Speaks for itself.

Absolutely. Because organizations and coaches at the NFL level make decisions on player personnel based on YouTube videos. Lol.

Is that you Vinny?

Yes. NFL decision makers judge a player based on video.  Would Ustream be better? I could put it on a VHS tape if you'd like.

I will spell it out for you

at 2:40 Briscoe makes a better run after catch than Hank has EVER made

at 3:14 Briscoe trucks 2 defenders to get the first down. Something Hankerson has NEVER done

at 3:51 Briscoe gets 21 yards after a catch over the middle.  Something Hankerson has NEVER done

at 4:30 Briscoe goes up for a ball making a better play than Hankerson has ever made.

These are facts.  Not opinion

And he had more TD's in that season than Hank has in his career

What aspect of football is Hankerson better?

Speed? Hardly

Hands? HAHA no

Jumping? no

Fearless over the middle? no

More consistent? no

Red zone threat? no

Playmaking? no

Rout Running? Eh maybe

Age? no

Size? no

Exciting to watch? no

And Briscoe is certainly no world beater... THAT'S THE PROBLEM

Hank is a failed 3rd round project.  He has done NOTHING in the NFL.  I wish that wasn't the case, I was excited when we drafted him.

Yes. NFL decision makers judge a player based on video. Would Ustream be better? I could put it on a VHS tape if you'd like.

I will spell it out for you

at 2:40 Briscoe makes a better run after catch than Hank has EVER made

at 3:14 Briscoe trucks 2 defenders to get the first down. Something Hankerson has NEVER done

at 3:51 Briscoe gets 21 yards after a catch over the middle. Something Hankerson has NEVER done

at 4:30 Briscoe goes up for a ball making a better play than Hankerson has ever made.

These are facts. Not opinion

And he had more TD's in that season than Hank has in his career

Hank is a failed 3rd round project. He has done NOTHING in the NFL. I wish that wasn't the case, I was excited when we drafted him.

Lol...so much fail in this post. Anybody seriously basing assessments on players base on

highlight videos on YouTube...classic Vinny. Just wow.

Yes, since you offered...yes, please make a VHS tape and mail it too Redskins park. Shannny isnt very big on tehnology. A VHS tape would probably work best.

Clearly they haven't seen what you are seeing and because a several minute long YouTube highlight video tells more about a player then actually working with them...actually seeing hours of practice....actually talking with them.

Lol...so much fail in this post. Anybody seriously basing assessments on players base on

highlight videos on YouTube...classic Vinny. Just wow.

Yes, since you offered...yes, please make a VHS tape and mail it too Redskins park. Shannny isnt very big on tehnology. A VHS tape would probably work best.

Clearly they haven't seen what you are seeing and because a several minute long YouTube highlight video tells more about a player then actually working with them...actually seeing hours of practice....actually talking with them.

I noticed how you can't name a single aspect of Hanks game that is Elite.

There is none.  Hank catches some balls in garbage time and we think he is the real deal.

This staff stood by Grossman and Beck, Mideau Williams and Niles Paul.  Very questionable

NO ONE that we play is scared of Hank.

Victor Cruz was nobody untill he got an opportunity.  The coaches saw him every day, how could they be wrong!??

Arian Foster

London Fletcher

Warren Moon

Tom Brady

Wes Welker

Pierre Garcon

Marques Colston

The NFL is a business.  Teams will always favor their draft picks because they made an investment in them.  Financially they make a commitment and when they don't pan out a coaches reputation is on the line.  That is the problem with the coach drafting players, he will give them every chance to succeed, even when they haven't earned it. 

Hankerson's play has been a joke this far in his career, anyone who can't see that is a homer

I noticed how you can't name a single aspect of Hanks game that is Elite.

There is none. Hank catches some balls in garbage time and we think he is the real deal.

This staff stood by Grossman and Beck, Mideau Williams and Niles Paul. Very questionable

NO ONE that we play is scared of Hank.

1. Nobody is saying Hank is elite...because he's not. What everyone excepting you and a handful of others is that he has done very well this year so far and is continuing to progress and contribute to the offensive output of this team this year. You are trying to say that Hank is a bum...by comparing him to a journeyman wide receiver who can't get on the field...and failing miserably. Briscoe is not very good. The fact that Hank is pushing J. Morgan for reps is indicative of the fact that he is continuing to play well.

2. Garbage time lol. Step on the field and every snap matters. You can't say that an entire half of football is garbage time no matter what the score.

3. Beck and Williams are no longer on this team, Rex is the third string QB, and Niles Paul is the 4th TE and special teams player...not quite sure that has any impact on Hank being a good player that is continuing to develop....otherwise known as the purpose of this thread.

4. What are you talking about with VCruz? He made the giants team...proved he could ball...and is starting....this is nonsensical....The rest of the players you mentioned all made their respective teams based on what the coaches saw during practice an games...NOT YouTube highlight videos.

5. It's not about being a homer....it's about recognizing that a player is continuing to develop and contribute to this team. What it isn't about is being a nonsensical hater....which is what you are being when you start spewing this nonsense that Broacoe is better than Hank.

Puma Kane you have 408 posts here and you are going to tell another poster about watching his attitude and banning? lol Gold JErry Gold. 

Hank is a failed 3rd round project.  He has done NOTHING in the NFL.  I wish that wasn't the case, I was excited when we drafted him.

Coach Mike Shanahan said Leonard Hankerson is playing "really well."
Hankerson's usage is on the rise in a big way. He's started three straight games ahead of Josh Morgan at the Z spot, compiling 10 catches on 16 targets during that stretch. Hankerson has always separated with ease, but often failed to finish plays. Now showing more consistency, deep leaguers should put him on their radar. "When [Hankerson] gets the opportunity to set guys up one-on-one, he usually wins," Shanahan said. Oct 2 - 11:49 AM
Source: Washington Post

Apparently we have two posters here that know more than Mike Shanahan. 

Archived