Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL cutting down on TD celebrations - specifically names "home run swings", like Alfred Morris

Chadwiko

What the hell is next Goodell, no cheering allowed by fans? It is seriously time for you to step down Roger Goodell! You have done nothing but screw up this great sport since you became commissioner of the NFL, your ignorant rules are not just getting old, it's starting to piss off a lot of football fans, and I am one of them. 

I watched the actual video for the rule changes from the NFL to the players, and it's clear that the celebrations can't be directed towards another player- that's it. They even show examples of players celebrating away from players that are fine. This was all just a misunderstanding blown out of proportion.

Ok I can deal with that, and hopefully that's as far as it goes. Football is a very exciting game as long as people like Goodell aren't involved.

NO! Do Not violate this rule at any any time! Per the article at the following link, this is a 15 YEAR penalty!!! banned...for 15 YEARS...for one home run swing,...please, don't risque it... :unsure:

http://riggosrag.com/2013/08/06/morris-home-run-celebration-banned/

"The league announced today that his celebration, among many others will now be banned and result in a 15 year penalty."

(apologies if they ever get around to fixing the second sentence...)

15 years is too ong. 10 years should be enough. :)

Apparently Fred Davis was FINED for his celebration, in a freaking preseason game. I'd imagine guys getting fined in preseason is going to make players really want to just not play in it anymore.

$7875.

Honestly, he deserved a fine for that celebration just because it was so atrocious. I mean, it was just tuuuuuuurible.

if i was a redskins player, after a TD i would still do my celebration. screw it, if the refs wanna penalize me, fine. i just got 6 points, 15 yards added on to the kickoff doesnt scare me. besides, the defense should be able to stop the opposing team no matter what place on the field they start at.

Then you better have someone who can kick the ball over 80 yards for a touchback.

Archived