Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

If LeBron took more shots he wouldn't be shooting 59%.  He is extremely selective and that's a good thing for him. 

You think taking 3 more shots a game will drop his % dramatically?

Edit

Durant- 19.6 shots per game, 49%

James- 16.4 shots per game, 58.1%

Edit 2

Just to put it in perspective, LeBron has taken 657 shots. He's played 40 games, so if he took 3 more shots a game, that means he would have taken 120 more shots, putting him at 777. Now lets assume he were to miss all 120 of those shots... his field goal percentage would be where Durant is, 49%.

Now lets say he makes 50% of those shots, his FG% would still be 56.8%!! Assuming he only made 2 point field goals, his points per game average would rise to 29.1 PPG.

Just for kicks, if he were to stay as efficient as he is now with those extra 120 shots, that would mean he would have made 69.72, lets just round to 70 out of 120 shots. Assuming he only makes two point field goals, his PPG would be 29.6 PPG.

All this, now factor in 3 point field goals, and the fact that he is an average free throw shooter (cant really use this as part of the argument, but just saying), im not so sure Durant is a better scorer. Like I said, Durant is a much better shooter, but better scorer, I dont know.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 2

There is just something special about watching ESPN draw tears on Melo.

We'll probably never see the first lady of the US dunk bomb a basketball interview again (even if it is staged for a promo). Soak it in.
ku-xlarge.gif Edited by Destino
  • Like 2

If Rubio can't figure out how to score he's a terrific back up point guard. I agree with you on Kevin Love but I think he might be a very good second star in the right situation but he needs someone to take the focus off of him. Not sure where that would be but everyone assume he's going to the Lakers which is probably a bad idea. He's clearly not enough to drag Minny over the hump in a tough western conference.

Rubio runs a game very good and finds players in the right spots. His passing and vision is amongst the best in the league. He gets to the rim too. He can defend too.

But he is an awful, awful, awful shooter. He is actually scared to shoot and score which is his biggest failure.

Unless LeBron goes crazy after all-star break, Durant is a shoe in for MVP. A little bit has to do with voters getting bored with the same guy winning over and over. I mean the guy is going for 26, 7, and 6 and shooting 59%, and is being seen as COASTING this season haha,  but Durant has played great enough for him to take the edge this season.

nah, Durant is more than a better shooter. He can score all over the court:

Durant:

http://stats.nba.com/playerShotchart.html?PlayerID=201142

Lebron

http://stats.nba.com/playerShotchart.html?PlayerID=2544

The only area of the court Lebron has him as around the basket, which is where Lebron takes most of his shots.

the one area Lebron sort of has him is posting up and getting to the rim, but its not like Lebron is Kevin McHale in the post and Durant just doesnt post up much.

Edited by JoeWolf990

nah, Durant is more than a better shooter. He can score all over the court:Durant:http://stats.nba.com/playerShotchart.html?PlayerID=201142Lebronhttp://stats.nba.com/playerShotchart.html?PlayerID=2544The only area of the court Lebron has him as around the basket, which is where Lebron takes most of his shots.the one area Lebron sort of has him is posting up and getting to the rim, but its not like Lebron is Kevin McHale in the post and Durant just doesnt post up much.

I don't understand what you are trying to say here. You said Lebron is better around the rim, which is usually dunks, lay ups and floaters etc. and then you say Durant can score all over the court. Majority of the court you would have to take jump shots, you don't take floaters and hook shots from the three point line. Thus, why I said he's a better shooter. That's not saying Durant can't take it in, but Lebron is much more polished, around the rim, like you said. Unless your saying Lebron can't shoot, which would have been true a few years ago.

Edited by Ozymandias

I don't understand what you are trying to say here. You said Lebron is better around the rim, which is usually dunks, lay ups and floaters etc. and then you say Durant can score all over the court. Majority of the court you would have to take jump shots, you don't take floaters and hook shots from the three point line. Thus, why I said he's a better shooter. That's not saying Durant can't take it in, but Lebron is much more polished, around the rim, like you said. Unless your saying Lebron can't shoot, which would have been true a few years ago.

Durant is the better scorer because that's what he is and he can't be anything else. He's not looking to pass up the final shot to get his teammates involved. He's not looking to pick his spots and finish the game with 13 attempts. He's there to get buckets. If the game is on the line he wants it and he'll shoot it from anywhere entirely sure that it's going in. Remember what the spurs did to Lebron when they tried to take away the rim and dare him to shoot? It didn't stop Lebron but you could see the hesitation. He's not a natural gunner. He's a giant PG that is looking to make the smart play.

If I need a scorer above all else I'd take Durant over Lebron. If I was looking for a single player to build my team around? Lebron James is the guy and there is no close second (among active players). He's the best basketball player on the planet.

• Like 1

Durant is the better scorer because that's what he is and he can't be anything else. He's not looking to pass up the final shot to get his teammates involved. He's not looking to pick his spots and finish the game with 13 attempts. He's there to get buckets. If the game is on the line he wants it and he'll shoot it from anywhere entirely sure that it's going in. Remember what the spurs did to Lebron when they tried to take away the rim and dare him to shoot? It didn't stop Lebron but you could see the hesitation. He's not a natural gunner. He's a giant PG that is looking to make the smart play.

If I need a scorer above all else I'd take Durant over Lebron. If I was looking for a single player to build my team around? Lebron James is the guy and there is no close second (among active players). He's the best basketball player on the planet.

Fair enough, I would have to agree. Its still pretty amazing that with all that said about him picking his spots and not chuckin it whenever he feels like it, he still manages to be 2nd in the league in scoring.

Durant just put up 46 and beat portland. Dude is on a tear

because a decent chunk of Bron's points come in transition.

Durant can score in every area of hte court and ca finish around the basket. More than that, he likes scoring whereas Bron wants to facilitate.

Durant's game tonight

46 points on 17/25

because a decent chunk of Bron's points come in transition.

Durant can score in every area of hte court and ca finish around the basket. More than that, he likes scoring whereas Bron wants to facilitate.

Durant's game tonight

46 points on 17/25

Yeah I said I agree and already commented on Durant's big game. Durant's the best scorer, LeBron is the best player.

Fair enough, I would have to agree. Its still pretty amazing that with all that said about him picking his spots and not chuckin it whenever he feels like it, he still manages to be 2nd in the league in scoring.

Durant just put up 46 and beat portland. Dude is on a tear

"The way he was playing, he probably could have scored on Jesus," said Blazers guard Mo Williams.

lol

Durant isn't waiting for LeBron to pass him the torch. He's taking it for his own.

This is like when Magic passed Bird in 1987.

Bird suffered from "let's not vote for the same guy" syndrome the same way MJ did in the 90s.  He dragged that crippled Celtics team to the Finals that year averaging 28, 9 and 8 [vs. Magic's 24/6/12] a game shooting 50-40-90.  He may not have won MVP, but it's ard to argue in context he still wasn't the best in the game given that Magic had a healthy squad around him.

• Like 1

Durant has improved every facet of his game.  

With that being said, if you look at the numbers, there stats are pretty similar to one another. While lebron is 'coasting'. Im not hating on Durant, he will be the best player in the world a few years down the road, but until then, it would be hard to argue that he's a better PLAYER then lebron.

• Like 1

Durant was actually pretty terrible last night and still put up 36/7/5. He's remarkable.

I want to see them in the playoffs, but this Thunder team seems better equipped for the playoffs than last year's group. Ibaka is a legit star now. There are guys like Jackson who can score. It's not the two-man team they were last year after the Harden trade.

I've said this before and he's risen from the dead, but Duncan looked a million years old last night.

So, this run/season Durant has having all of a sudden makes him better than Lebron? 

I think Durant is a transcendant player, but I'm taking Lebron 10x out of 10 over him.

*edit*

Is Durant having a great year?  Absolutely.  Is he on an insane stretch right now?  Absolutely.  Are people getting caught up in the moment aka hyperbole?  Absolutely. 

Personally, I'm not handing out MVP awards with 30+ games left in the regular season.  Since he's also having a fantastic year, I'll just say that it's Lebron's award to lose.  There is A LOT of basketball yet to be played and anything can happen going forward. 

Edited by RonArtest15
  • Like 3