Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Dennis Rodman singing happy birthday is a painfully awkward video. The other players look so uncomfortable.

Did you see that interview on CNN? It was sad. And what are those other players thinking by even being apart of this?

Did you see that interview on CNN? It was sad. And what are those other players thinking by even being apart of this?

"I need money."

Bammas probably got more lint in their pockets than dollars.

Anyways...I missed this last night.

Goodness Gracious....

marbury.gif

Edited by RonArtest15

Warriors need a back up point guard who can distribute the ball. Curry is playing too much and is getting exhausted, and when he goes out, the second team is turribl, just turribl.

If they could pry Andre Miller from the Nugs, it might be the last piece to make the Dubs a real championship threat.

ps- John Wall is really, really good.

Why didn't the Warriors keep Jack? Thought he was an excellent backup PG. Edited by Bubble Screen

Dude isnt so liked in Denver because he is constantly taking terrible shots. That is the exact same reason Golden State let Jack go. No way they would bring in a Jack clone who is much older, much worse at defense, and seems to be fighting with coaches.

Um, Jack shot 45% (40% from 3) for Golden State. They must not have all been terrible.

I still don't think the Nets are any good.  The Dubs just looked tired.  In the first quarter they were running the Nets off the court, and had something like a 16 point lead.  Then they hit the wall and spent the rest of the game walking in molasses.   Another back to back at the end of a 7 game cross country road trip was just too much to overcome.  

Nice win for the Wiz last night.

The New York teams have been winning this month. It's not out of the question for them to claw their way back into postseason contention. And if they get in, I wouldn't want to play them in the first round.

The Wizards made it interesting at the end by not being able to score for long stretches. But it was a good win where we got contributions from almost everyone. The Wizards are flawed. But when they're rebounding and making threes, they can hang with superior teams and beat the ones who are about the same level pretty handily.

The New York teams have been winning this month. It's not out of the question for them to claw their way back into postseason contention. And if they get in, I wouldn't want to play them in the first round.

The Wizards made it interesting at the end by not being able to score for long stretches. But it was a good win where we got contributions from almost everyone. The Wizards are flawed. But when they're rebounding and making threes, they can hang with superior teams and beat the ones who are about the same level pretty handily.

There are only two teams that would sweep the Wizards in a 7 game series (in the East).  Indy and Miami.  Everyone else....well, it's a crap shoot.  Outside of Atlanta and maaaaaybe Toronto, I like the Wizards chances to win a series against anyone else.  If we did play Atlanta or Toronto, I could see either of those series going 6 or 7, with the outcome going to them. 

There are only two teams that would sweep the Wizards in a 7 game series (in the East).  Indy and Miami.  Everyone else....well, it's a crap shoot.  Outside of Atlanta and maaaaaybe Toronto, I like the Wizards chances to win a series against anyone else.  If we did play Atlanta or Toronto, I could see either of those series going 6 or 7, with the outcome going to them. 

I think all of this is contingent on the words "If 100 percent" being used.

The Wizards are such a fragile team in its construction. If Bradley Beal has a sore wrist, everything can fall apart for that team in a hurry. When all the pieces are healthy and doing what they are supposed to do, they are a pretty good team. (I know all teams are "an injury away" but I think this applies to the Wizards more than most. I mean, Trevor Ariza is essentially irreplaceable for this team).

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

I think all of this is contingent on the words "If 100 percent" being used.

The Wizards are such a fragile team in its construction. If Bradley Beal has a sore wrist, everything can fall apart for that team in a hurry. When all the pieces are healthy and doing what they are supposed to do, they are a pretty good team. (I know all teams are "an injury away" but I think this applies to the Wizards more than most. I mean, Trevor Ariza is essentially irreplaceable for this team).

Oh, no doubt...everything hangs in the balance of them staying reasonably healthy. 

Why didn't the Warriors keep Jack? Thought he was an excellent backup PG.

They couldn't afford him under the salary cap after signing Igoudala and resigning Bogut.   They had to do massive cap contortions to get Igoudal in.  

The Warriors liked Jack and would have kept him at a low price, but Cleveland gave him 5 mil a year, which is more than he is worth or they could pay.  So we got Toney Douglas for 1.6 mil instead - but he sucks.  

Andrew Miller should be available for fairly cheap.  He's old and he's clearly not getting along with Brian Shaw.  How much could the Nuggets possibly ask for a 37 year old back up point guard?

Depends on how many teams are in the buying.  I have heard that Sacramento wants to overpay for him.   The Dubs don't have much to trade right now, unless you want Kent Bazemore   :lol:

Depends on how many teams are in the buying.  I have heard that Sacramento wants to overpay for him.   The Dubs don't have much to trade right now, unless you want Kent Bazemore   :lol:

I have a feeling that Andre Miller is going to have a huge impact at some point in the playoffs while fans from the other team scream, "Why didn't we get him?" He's just an ideal back-up point guard for a playoff team.

Dude isnt so liked in Denver because he is constantly taking terrible shots. That is the exact same reason Golden State let Jack go. No way they would bring in a Jack clone who is much older, much worse at defense, and seems to be fighting with coaches.

So wrong.  Dubs would love to have Miller.    He can distribute, and our bench offense is completely stagnant.   I just don't think we can get him, because we have nothing to trade.  No available draft picks, and a weak bottom of the bench.  

Um, Jack shot 45% (40% from 3) for Golden State. They must not have all been terrible.

Jack was the guy who took all of the hard isolation shots when the offense broke down and the shot clock was winding down.  Hitting 45 percent of them was actually really good.  

But you don't want him as a primary scorer.  

I have a feeling that Andre Miller is going to have a huge impact at some point in the playoffs while fans from the other team scream, "Why didn't we get him?" He's just an ideal back-up point guard for a playoff team.

So true.   Honestly, if he came out here the Dubs would be kind of terrifying.  Statistically they have the most effective starting lineup in the NBA, and the least effective bench.   Lack of bench production directly has cost the Warriors at least half of its losses this year.  

Plus I kind of love his old man slow motion moves that people still can't stop.  He's like that 50 year old guy who goes down to the playground and puts in a bunch of Bob Pettit hooks and bank shots and people don't know what to do.

Edited by Predicto

Toronto is better than the Wizards. They can play defense and they've got some depth. I don't think Atlanta is better without Horford. They've held it together so far without him. But they were pretty even with us before they lost Horford. We'd have the best player in the series against ATL.

Everyone else is a wash or an underdog.

EDIT: Except Miami and Indy of course. Nobody is beating them.

LKB, the team is really only dependent on Wall and maybe the bigs. Beal's already missed a lot of games and he's been playing poorly since he got back and the team has been about the same. Hoping for Nene to be healthy enough to play 24 or 25 minutes a night is pretty modest. Hoping for Wall to stay healthy puts us in the same boat as pretty much every other team. We're definitely not deep, but few teams in the East are.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

Toronto is better than the Wizards. They can play defense and they've got some depth. I don't think Atlanta is better without Horford. They've held it together so far without him. But they were pretty even with us before they lost Horford. We'd have the best player in the series against ATL.

Everyone else is a wash or an underdog.

EDIT: Except Miami and Indy of course. Nobody is beating them.

LKB, the team is really only dependent on Wall and maybe the bigs. Beal's already missed a lot of games and he's been playing poorly since he got back and the team has been about the same. Hoping for Nene to be healthy enough to play 24 or 25 minutes a night is pretty modest. Hoping for Wall to stay healthy puts us in the same boat as pretty much every other team. We're definitely not deep, but few teams in the East are.

I think it's totally dependent on the bigs unless you trust Vesely to start a playoff game at this point.

If any of the starters were out in the playoffs, the rotations would just be a mess. They might be able to overcome in the first round on the theory of "Wall is the best player on the floor."

I think the first round of the Eastern Playoffs are going to be very entertaining, the second round a total dud, and ECF will be epic. But it would be very good for Wall to get eviscerated by Indy or Miami in round two. You want to check off that "playoff series victory" box as soon as possible.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

They'll never get every call but that kind of garbage really makes a mockery of the NBAs officiating.

I don't think it's a mockery. If I was watching that game, I wouldn't have notice. I don't generally stare at pivot feet, especially 40 feet from the basket.

If the league wanted to clean it up, I'd be fine with it, I guess. I just thing that the games would be brutal for about 2 months while everyone adjusted.

I don't think it's a mockery. If I was watching that game, I wouldn't have notice. I don't generally stare at pivot feet, especially 40 feet from the basket.

If the league wanted to clean it up, I'd be fine with it, I guess. I just thing that the games would be brutal for about 2 months while everyone adjusted.

The hard part is knowing which the pivot foot is for a player that catches the ball while moving/jumping. The first four steps I wouldn't have cared about. NBA rules aren't all easily applied. When a player turns around however I notice it right away. If they then take shambling steps forward like an extra from the walking dead, I'm off my couch and screaming at the TV (unless it was a wizards player, because I'm fine with my team getting away with just about anything) Edited by Destino

Anyone else feel like the NBA is in a new place right now?

I feel like we're entering an NFL style era of parity. Before there would only be a few true blue contenders and it was basically just the teams with the 3 or 4 best players in the game on them. Now the picture seems more muddled. And some of the best teams don't have top five players on them.

I think it might have actually started last year but we didn't truly notice it because Miami went on that crazy win streak and they ended up winning the championship. It's easy to forget just how close Miami came to losing to Indiana, and then San Antonio.

And in fact, Miami would have lost if Vogel hadn't taken out Hibbert at the end of that game, and Pop hadn't taken out Duncan, or they had secured a defensive rebound in the final seconds of the game.

Who are the top five players in the game?

LebRon, Durant, CP3, Dwight, Love?

Three of the best teams in the league don't have one of those players: Portland, Indy, and San Antonio. I think each of those three teams can definitely win the championship. Three teams plus Miami and OKC, all of whom have a genuine chance at winning it all.

Golden State, the Clippers, and Houston are all legit contenders too IMO.

That's 8 teams. Wouldn't shock me if any won it all, and that's a lot more than I can ever remember.

I think the last CBA moved us into an era of One or Two star constructions that increase the amount of parity around the NBA. Hard to build a big three now, which has been a popular construction for ages.

I thought more parity was coming but I didn't expect it to happen this soon. Feels like Duncan, Kobe, Wade are all falling off at the exact same time and that's opened up the title chase.