Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Denver Nuggets have quietly won 7 in a row....

What's the story there, did they finally pick up Shaws system or did he relent and have them pushing the pace instead of handling their business in a playoff style offense? Then again they started winning after JaFail McGee got injured so maybe it's that. :)

I've been waiting for Uncle Predicto to show up ever since I watched the highlights this morning.

That's a nice little team you have out there. 

When we get Igoudala and Festus for the restivus Ezili back it will be a strong team.   Right now the Dubs are kind of limping along, winning about half of the games.   Depth is terrible.

Anyhow, I don't gloat every victory, but yesterday's game was.... unusual.

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/10086637/lebron-james-not-happy-latest-nike-sneakers

Nike's most important active basketball player is hardly wearing the latest version of shoes that bear his name.

The Wall Street Journal reported Thursday that Miami Heat star LeBron James has only worn his new shoes, the LeBron 11, for two complete games this season. Sources confirmed to ESPN.com that James has had an issue with the fit of the shoe and as a result has been mostly wearing last year's model.

On Thursday night, before the team's game against the Chicago Bulls, James addressed the situation.

"I just want to be able to wear them," James told ESPN.com. "It has been a frustrating process. But obviously, I know that Nike wants to do what's best. They're not going to put me out there in harm's way. So we're redefining the shoe to fit what's best for my foot."

Someone at Nike must have received a unfriendly email from management over this.  

Well, if you have ever seen Lebron's foot, you would understand why he has problems with all shoes.   One of his feet is basically deformed, with the little toe on top of the foot.  

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1757693-everybody-look-at-lebron-james-toes

Nike will probably make LeBron shoes using the technology used with Kobe's new shoes.

Nike Flyknit and Flywire technologies are a one-two punch, leading to a dynamic fit for Kobe’s intricate footwork.
  • The single layer Nike Flyknit creates a seamless engineered upper that is the ultimate in superior lightweight performance integrating areas of high breathability, stretch and support where it’s needed most.
  • Nike Flywire technology is strong yet dynamic for lockdown through the midfoot; its cables loosen and tighten with the natural motion of the foot.
  • The carbon fiber heel counter provides strong and lightweight lateral stability when moving from side to side, while the heel remains stable.

Eliminating bulk and distraction was a focus for Avar. The idea of ‘simplifying without compromise’ helped shape the design of the KOBE 9 Elite.
  • Nike Lunarlon cushioning insert provides responsive cushioning that keeps the foot connected to the court.
  • The pressure mapping designed, minimal rubber outsole delivers durable traction and mimics the natural contours of the foot.

Nike Flyknit technology introduces a new way to construct a shoe upper by knitting strands of yarn. Nike Flyknit is better for the planet because it drastically reduces waste and materials from typical upper construction. The KOBE 9 Elite upper reduces waste by nearly 50% compared to traditional high-top basketball shoes that use multiple segments and cuts of material in the construction process.

You could kind of see it at UNC, but now it's really becoming clear in the NBA: John Henson is better than Harrison Barnes. He's a lot better than James McAdoo too. McAdoo and Barnes were two of the highest ranked and recruits Roy Williams has pulled in at UNC and 6'11, 215 pound John Henson is way better than both.

I honestly think the reason Henson fell to 12 in the draft and nobody really takes him seriously is because his face and hair are surely the same as they looked in his second grade class photo.

Melo is recruiting Rondo to NY? LOL. He's under contract next year. And the Knicks have nothing to deal except Melo himself basically. Certainly nothing capable of bringing back Rondo.

And beyond that, why would anyone good want to go there?

If Melo cares about winning a title and maximizing his basketball career he will hop on the first train to anywhere and get the **** out of there this summer.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources-raptors-kings-rudy-gay-trade-000950446-nba.html

The Toronto Raptors have reached an agreement in principle to send Rudy Gay to the Sacramento Kings, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

The Kings will send Greivis Vasquez, John Salmons, Patrick Patterson and Chuck Hayes to the Raptors. The Kings will also acquire Quincy Acy and Aaron Gray in the deal, sources said.

The Raptors and Gay had become increasingly unhappy with each other, league sources said, and Gay's contract was an obstacle to the franchise's desire to begin the rebuilding process.

It's amazing how toxic an asset Rudy Gay's contract is. When I read the terms of the trade, I caught myself thinking, "hmm... did Sacramento give up too much?"

The thing is, unlike Amar'e or Joe Johnson, Gay is actually a pretty good player. The problem is that he's a role player, and always has been, and he's getting paid like LeBron and Durant. He should be making Trevor Ariza money instead. And if he were, then he'd actually be a nice asset.

I am continuously amazed at how well Memphis has been able to score with long shots and cope with mistakes that should have been backbreaking.

- Giving away Pau Gasol and then miraculously having that deal end up great five years later.

- Getting leapfrogged by THREE teams in the lottery in that super hyped 2007 draft class and having to "settle" for Mike Conley Jr. And they passed over Jeff Green and Joakim Noah for him to boot. But then the pick actually ended up being pretty good.

- Taking a flier on ZBo and then having him turn his career around.

- Signing Rudy Gay to a horrible contract and then getting out of it unscathed.

- Trading Kevin Love for OJ Mayo in 2008.

- Picking Hasheem Thabeet second overall in 2009, ahead of James Harden and Steph Curry among others.

- Picking Xavier Henry 12th in 2010, ahead of Larry Sanders, Eric Bledsoe (inexcusable IMO), and Avery Bradley, among others.

- Trading a first round pick for Ronnie Brewer in 2011.

Who whiffs on back to back top three picks and still makes out fine with a quality team that's competitive in their brutal division and conference?

You could kind of see it at UNC, but now it's really becoming clear in the NBA: John Henson is better than Harrison Barnes. He's a lot better than James McAdoo too. McAdoo and Barnes were two of the highest ranked and recruits Roy Williams has pulled in at UNC and 6'11, 215 pound John Henson is way better than both.

I honestly think the reason Henson fell to 12 in the draft and nobody really takes him seriously is because his face and hair are surely the same as they looked in his second grade class photo.

You might be right, but beware of the "standout on a terrible team" syndrome when you judge talent.   

Oh, and Rudy Gay is terrible.  Trading for Rudy Gay is the reason that the Kings will remain the same old Kings.

I think that there is a chance that Harrison Barnes is going to be a superstar when he is 27 or 28. 

Hear me out.

The guy has always had superstar talent. His problems have always been a combination of motivation, arrogance, and not really being sure what kind of player he is. It has just always seemed like he should be a lot better than he is. It's hard to explain.

But keep in mind: He is only 21. He has received great coaching in college and in the NBA. He has never been put in a position to develop really bad habits. He seems like a good guy who is trying to get better. He is playing with really good teammates. He's not an off-the-court knucklehead.

I think there is a really good chance that the light is going to go on for him full blast at some point in his late 20s and he is going to become a monster. I mean, there aren't that many wings who can put up 20/10 while defending all 5 positions. 

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

A. Rudy Gay is awful.

B. I am more excited about watching a half-crippled Kobe play with Nick Young in Mike D'Antoni's offense than anything else about the rest of the regular season.

What happens first Boogie Cousin's punches Rudy Gay or Kobe punches Nick Young?

That depends, is Rudy Gay insistent on shaking hands with opposing players?  If so, Gay gets punched first.  

Also, Rudy Gay is terrible.  His shot selection is so bad that it's often fun to watch just for a cheap laugh (if you aren't a fan of the team he's on).    

Edited by Destino

Hey! Do you think Uncle Predicto is going to post today and talk about how awesome the game was even though he went to bed at halftime?

Nope.   I was going to post about how unguardable and valuable Dirk Nowitzki remains, even though he is very nearly as old as I am.   Dude is amazing.  There is no way that Dallas team should be as good as it is, with DeJuan Blair and Shawn Marion in starting roles AND with the shambling corpse of Vince Carter still getting significant minutes.   As long as they have Dirk they will remain a very strong team.