Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Volunteer at Training Camp?

RVARedskins

Trying to stay away from fluff but provide links to things that may be useful:

Here's a link to where you can sign up to volunteer at training camp:

http://redskinsrva.bonsecours.com/volunteer-for-redskins-training-camp

And here's a different kind of video...some guy launched a drone helicopter over the facility yesterday and took 90 seconds of film. No idea if it's legal, but it's cool:

http://redskinsrva.bonsecours.com/get-a-birds-eye-view-of-the-training-facility

Whatever you do, don't work on fan appreciation day.  This has been an annual fiasco in Ashburn....I can't imagine it being any different in Richmond.  I wonder what game they let you attend...hopefully it is not the Buffalo preseason game, but I am willing to bet it is.

Whatever you do, don't work on fan appreciation day.  This has been an annual fiasco in Ashburn....I can't imagine it being any different in Richmond.  I wonder what game they let you attend...hopefully it is not the Buffalo preseason game, but I am willing to bet it is.

Added parking info from the City of Richmond:

http://redskinsrva.bonsecours.com/redskins-training-camp-parking-options

Working on a more helpful map today but wanted to get the info out there. I'll also chase the answer to which game volunteers attend.

Speaking of training camp, how does someone get the VIP passes? Depending on what time training camp starts on August 2nd, we might be making a pit stop here on the way to a friend's bachelor party. Would be a pretty sweet start to a bachelor party!

Does anyone know what happens after you fill out the volunteer application? Is there some sort of screening process and they email the people who make the cut?

Washington Redskins Staff will assist in the selection of Ambassadors. Prior to the beginning of training 
camp, applicants will report to a select location for a brief interview and fill out paperwork. Potential 
Ambassadors will be vetted by staff from the City of Richmond with the final approval given by the 
Redskins’ Operations staff. At this time, staff will be given instructions pertaining to Training Camp and 
an overview of daily responsibilities.

Has anyone received a confirmation email after signing up?

HA1L, how did it go today? Any info you'd like to share?  :)

It went great! Pretty sure I nailed the interview. The only thing that threw me off was being interviewed a second time by the guy at the door. I felt like I was kinda rushed in to it and couldn't elaborate on what I was saying because of a line of people behind me.

Did the interviewer mark your card? She wrote a "S" on mine, then the guy at the door wrote an "A" with a circle around it. While in line I tried to check other peoples cards out but I didn't anything on them other than their name. Hopefully the "S" stood for select, and the "A" stood for accepted?! Did they mark anything on your cards?

I just wrote my name on my card and took it to the guy at the door. All he asked me was if I could do all of the shifts. I said I couldn't do every single one but most of them and then I thought he wrote a check on the card but maybe it was an A. Then I started second guessing myself b/c maybe he was asking if I could work all the shifts I signed up for, which I can. I didn't come out with a very good feeling b/c I was literally in the room 10 minutes or less.

The first guy wrote a "CO." on my card, and then the the guy at the door (2nd interviewer) wrote a few additional things (didn't see what) and asked me to speak a 3rd person who is in charge of camp security. Ended up talking to him for about 5 minutes and he asked if I would be interested in working security for them. Next step I think is to get confirmation emails with invites to the orientation / training. I think those are scheduled for the 21st or 22nd.

My wife applied and went on the 10th for the interview. She said it went well. She hasn't heard anything yet. Also, they didn't tell her when they would get back to her. They told her she was being considered for something in marketing. Her sister said: "Does that mean you'll be walking around RVA all day wearing a sandwich board?"

My wife applied and went on the 10th for the interview. She said it went well. She hasn't heard anything yet. Also, they didn't tell her when they would get back to her. They told her she was being considered for something in marketing. Her sister said: "Does that mean you'll be walking around RVA all day wearing a sandwich board?"

Lol! Do you know if they wrote anything on her card? If they did, what?

Lol! Do you know if they wrote anything on her card? If they did, what?

She said it had an "A" on it. She talked with some dude inside, security guy on the stairs & then a young woman in the lobby.

As of this morning, she hasn't heard a thing. Anyone here get any response from the Redskins yet?

Archived